VMware Simplifies Journey To The Cloud With Zimbra 8.0
- Integrated unified communications with Cisco and Mitel
- Smarter mailbox connects end users to their personal cloud
- Delivering ITaaS in the Post PC-era
End Users Seamlessly Connect to Their Personal Clouds
Zimbra provides end users with a feature-rich browser-based experience that enables them to seamlessly and securely connect to their personal clouds on any device or platform. Zimbra’s smarter mailbox helps manage information and activity across their email, voice, social, calendar, address book, tasks and enterprise applications.
- Rich browser-based AJAX interface with application features such as drag and drop, shared tagging, social conversation view, auto-filtering of bulk and distribution list mail
- Expanded search capabilities with search results appearing in a separate tab
- Enterprise Calendar with scheduling suggestions for complex meetings, smart views for managing multiple calendars
Integrated Unified Communications
Now unified communications are built into Zimbra with an all-new voice application that features out-of-the-box integration with Cisco and Mitel UC solutions accessible through the main user interface.
- Click2Call, voicemail, presence, and chat out-of-the-box with Cisco and Mitel
- Flexible and extensible to integrate with other UC providers
- Visual Voicemail with inline playback, management, and MWI status update
- Call Record history of placed, received, and missed calls
- Presence and click to chat from hover over contact card of any address
- SDK to extend or integrate other 3rd party UC solutions
Zimbra provides the choice of running securely in any private cloud as a virtual appliance or hosted in the public cloud. The software virtual appliance enables IT administrators to instantly deploy their own private email and collaboration cloud on top of vSphere without complex installation and configuration workflows. With an open architecture and APIs, Zimbra integrates seamlessly with existing and new enterprise applications.
- Accounts in Zimbra can be provisioned with attributes populated from Active Directory or another LDAP directory. Accounts can be provisioned ad-hoc automatically by polling for new accounts
- Dynamic Distribution List support to automatically populate DL membership based on account attributes
- End user distribution list can be managed from the web client. A delegated DL manager can create and manage subscriptions to distribution lists based on IT defined policies
Designed for virtualization, Zimbra delivers faster provisioning and easier administration with built-in support for high availability, disaster recovery, backup and lifecycle management using VMware vSphere. Zimbra simplifies critical functions through an easy-to-use, web-based administration console that enables administrators to easily access the applications anywhere, anytime and manage access and policies for a diverse set of users. Zimbra Collaboration Server 8.0 offers 30 new admin-configurable policies to enable or disable device software and hardware capabilities and approved applications.
- Self-service support for auto device configuration with email address and password
- Remote device wipe from Admin Console
- Bandwidth reduction and battery optimization for push enabled devices
- Persona/Alias support as device level configured email address
Press Release | Product Overview | Blog Post