Manage ITaaS in the Cloud Era
Designed for virtualization, Zimbra delivers faster provisioning and easier administration with built-in support for high availability, disaster recovery, backup and lifecycle management using VMware vSphere. Zimbra simplifies all of those critical functions through an easy-to-use, web-based administration console, that enables administrators to easily access the applications anywhere, anytime and manage access and policies for a diverse set of users.
Simple and Powerful Web-based Administration
Zimbra has an easy-to-use web-based administration console enabling administrators to securely access the application anywhere, anytime and easily manage access and policies for a diverse set of users across a large organization. Zimbra also empowers end-users through end-user self-service administration, reducing IT overhead for end-user administration and support and increasing end-user satisfaction.
Flexible Deployment Options
- Deploy Zimbra Collaboration Server natively on hardware or virtualized or deployed as a software virtual appliance
- Deploy on-premises or as a Cloud service from a VMware hosting partner
- Fully supports multi-tenancy and delegated administration for hosting and service providers
- Role-based delegated administration to create domain or limited administration settings per account
Virtualization Ready with Business Critical Features
- High availability, disaster recovery, backup and life cycle management from VMware vSphere - supports full and incremental backup
- Microsoft Active Directory integration - and easily add LDAP directories for authentication and Global Address Lists
- Unified Communications - easily connect Zimbra to unified communications (UC) solutions to provide integrated click-to-call, voicemail, chat and presence; out of the box support for Cisco and Mitel.
- Built-in security - integrated anti-spam and anti-virus out of the box (SpamAssassin, ClamAV, plus add 3rd parties)
- Archiving and compliance - support to meet growing regulatory requirements in today's enterprise with Zimbra Archive and Discovery
- Application monitoring and performance management with VMware vFabric Hyperic
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Ready
- Native hierarchical storage management - allows for cost effective multiple GB mail boxes by seamlessly moving off older messages to commodity storage
- Class-of-Service (COS) - easily manage features and storage quotas with COS.
- Multi-domain support - multi-tenancy domain-level administration and domain-level re-branding
- Service provider tools - such as limiting number of mailboxes per domain or allowing domain administrators to set their own storage quotas and security policies
Open and Flexible for Integration
- Uses industry standard open protocols - SMTP, LMTP, SOAP, XML, IMAP, POP, iCal, CalDAV
- Extensible with web services - connect other inter / intranet applications and data source via complete set of SOAP / REST web service APIs and Zimlets
- Native integration with popular clients - server syncs with Microsoft Outlook (via MAPI), Apple Desktop (iSync), Novell Evolution and popular mobile devices with no additional server needed