Thread: OfBiz and/or Opentaps connector?

JustinHarlow is offline Active Member

Question OfBiz and/or Opentaps connector?

I see that there is a SalesForce zimlet that allows you to import information on contacts and leads from ZCS to Salesforce. I also note that people have discovered that this doesn't work unless you pay Salesforce.com an arm and a leg for a high-end license.

There is a fabulous open source environment called OfBiz, and a quasi-commercial offshoot called Opentaps, that has enormous functionality in the ERP/CRM/SFA space which is a tempting target for a zimlet connector, especially for those of us who don't want to pay tribute to Salesforce.com. Ofbiz has a crude and largely ineffective email client built in, but I can't make it work in any useful way. Has anyone looked at an Opentaps connector? I am personally too inexperienced to write Zimlets, but I use Opentaps for leads ands sales tracking, and would be happy to help out on the "what is important to do" part if anyone wants to collaborate.

Ericx is offline Loyal Member

Default Erpae.com

I'm doing the something very similar in dotProject. Actually, I'm modifying dotProject in to a more production oriented Project Management Application. I've started stubbing out the web site at www.erpae.com.

Zimlet
    I have a running zimlet that allows a user to drag and drop an email and a form pops up. They can put in the project number and any notes and it _Posts the form to a module in dotProject/Erpae called email. This allows the project manager to see all email associated with a project.

It also has primitive linking to clients in dotProject, so if you click on the clients module you can see all the email, sent from, or to that client.

Anyway, this module was hard to make and I still have one more task that I want to have the module do.

I'm going to post that problem on another thread called "Extracting Raw Email".

You can visit www.erpae.com, it's very primitive at this point and I will be posting a working version and some videos on how it works. If you want to get involved, please let me know.
    EricX

Quote Originally Posted by Ericx View Post
    I'm doing the something very similar in dotProject. Actually, I'm modifying dotProject in to a more production oriented Project Management Application. I've started stubbing out the web site at www.erpae.com.

Zimlet
    I have a running zimlet that allows a user to drag and drop an email and a form pops up. They can put in the project number and any notes and it _Posts the form to a module in dotProject/Erpae called email. This allows the project manager to see all email associated with a project.

It also has primitive linking to clients in dotProject, so if you click on the clients module you can see all the email, sent from, or to that client.

Anyway, this module was hard to make and I still have one more task that I want to have the module do.

I'm going to post that problem on another thread called "Extracting Raw Email".

You can visit www.erpae.com, it's very primitive at this point and I will be posting a working version and some videos on how it works. If you want to get involved, please let me know.
    This sounds like what I am after, at the Zimbra end of the connector. At the Opentaps end, I would like to do one of two things to an email:
    • Populate the fields of a new Lead, or
    • Import the whole mail and associate it with a Lead, Contact or Opportunity.

I looked at dotproject, but as you point out in the erpae website, it is a pure project management system. My application is sales lead tracking and related activities (quotes, invoices, etc.) Opentaps does a pretty decent job in this domain, so I will probably stick with it, but I'd be very interested in seeing what you have done with a dotproject connector and see if it can be adapted for Opentaps.

Thanks

JEH

Ericx is offline Loyal Member

Default SugarCRM

Have you looked into sugarcrm. I kinda wish I would have started with this as a foundation.
    EricX

Quote Originally Posted by Ericx View Post
    Have you looked into sugarcrm. I kinda wish I would have started with this as a foundation.
    Yes, I spent a lot of time with SugarCRM and VTiger CRM before going to Opentaps. Sugar and VTiger have much better interfaces and great CRM/SFA capabilities, but they are so SLOW compared to Opentaps, on the same server, that I decided I would trade capability for performance. If I could afford a honkin' server I would use Sugar for sure. One thing I particularly like about it is the superb upgrade mechanisms. Upgrading any of the OFBiz-based systems is a horror show...

JEH
    Last edited by JustinHarlow; 06-26-2007 at 05:11 AM. Reason: I misspoke in the original PS: of my note. I was thinking about a different system. dotProject is alive and well.

jaimik is offline Starter Member

Default Opentaps Beginner

Hi I am new in Opentaps ...
    I want to know that if I add some fields in form (e.g. Pan Number, ECC Numbar in create lead Form) ... Than how can i add those fields values in database so i can retrieve the same value in view lead form ...

In which file i want to add those fields name or database information.

Where is the submit button (e.g. Create Lead button on create lead form) onClick event, action event is written or in which file.

In which file connection is provided between fields and database ...

Please inform me as soon as possible ... I am using opentaps 1.5M3
    I go throw with this OFBiz Tutorials
    But still confuse how to access the DB and how can I add fields value in DB ...

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jaimik View Post
    Hi I am new in Opentaps ...
    You're in the wrong forums, these forums are for Zimbra Collaboration Server not Opentaps - I'd suggest you ask your question on their forums.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information