Thread: [SOLVED] Unable to install zimbra_posixaccount

ziggyvox is offline Starter Member

Question [SOLVED] Unable to install zimbra_posixaccount

I have followed the instructions to the letter and read several threads regarding why and how the zmzimletctl deploy [zimlet.zip] fails.

From the cli I do get successful messages but then can't see the extension listed. So how can I tell if it's actually installed. How can I install these using the web UI (it always fails) and how can I see if they really do install from the cli?

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Can you post the segment of the log:
    /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

where you deploy the zimlet? That will tell you if it failed or not.

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmzimletctl listZimlets
    will show you which are deployed.
    thanks
    jh

romanpogosov is offline New Member

Default I have the same issue

Hi ,
    I tried to instal posix zimlet and using web admin UI and it failed.

Here is part of /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

2007-06-06 16:17:35,152 INFO [Thread-174] [] zimlet - deploy
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: zimlet description not found: ZimbraPosixAccount.xml
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.initZimletDescript ion(ZimletFile.java:207)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.initialize(ZimletF ile.java:199)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFile.<init>(ZimletFile. java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.DeployZimlet$DeployThr ead.run(DeployZimlet.java:99)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Would you please hint me at what am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
    Roma

mmorse is offline Moderator

romanpogosov,
    did you follow all the directions...UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI - ZimbraWiki
    First this part:
    1. Extract files from ZimbraPosixAccount.zip to a folder on your desktop computer, open zimbra_posixaccount folder and edit config_template.xml.
    2. Edit ldapSuffix property in config_template.xml. This property is the path in your LDAP tree where all Linux and Samba user information will be stored. This can be the name of your primary email domain written in the ldap syntax. E.g. if your domain is mycompany.com, then ldapSuffix will be
    dc=mycompany,dc=com
    Secondly, are you not putting all the files in one zip before you attempt to deploy? I think your just trying to upload the top level zip-this is what gave it away:
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: zimlet description not found: ZimbraPosixAccount.xml
    -Follow DVan's posts in the below thread-he had your EXACT same issue/output in mailbox.log
    -See penguinknight's solution and further discussion on the 2nd page
    (also PLEASE do a backup of your /opt/zimbra folder before hand...)

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/8446-zimbra-samba-admin-extention.html Some snipits:

Quote Originally Posted by DVan View Post
    So I just did a complete new install of Ubuntu 6 Dapper LTS, Installed the latest Zimbra NPE 4.5.5 for Ubuntu, and now while zimlets install, these Admin extensions don't seem to be able to install.

Here are the errors from the log:

16:26:53,951 INFO [Thread-173] [] zimlet - deploy
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.DeployZimlet$DeployThr ead.run(DeployZimlet.java:99)
    2007-05-17 16:27:06,110 INFO [Thread-174] [] zimlet - deploy
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: zimlet description not found: ZimbraSamba.xml
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinknight View Post
    I believe that they problem that you're having is that you're zipping the conf and zimbra_posixaccount folders when what you want to do is zip all the files directly. So, select all the xml + like files and make a zip without any folders in it.

Once it did this the .zip imported (although I haven't gotten any farther, just wanted to post this now).

Also, the zip needs to be named zimbra_posixaccount.zip as it reads what file to look for from the zip's name.

---Update:
    When I sucessfully loaded both programs I also broke the admin panel. The loading screen sits there forever.
    If I didn't close the original webpage which I imported it with I could uninstall it and the admin panel would start working again...I think I'll be making another thread about this.

Just wanted to give a heads up that leaving the original admin panel can save you a zimbra restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by DVan View Post
    Thanks for the tip penguinknight, that certainly did the trick for allowing the zimlets to install. I was probably close to that solution, as I was attempting to make the contents of the zip file closely match those of other zimlets, which typically still have a subfolder for their contents. Although, that didn't work either, since I didn't think the specific name of the zip file had anything to do with it.

Much appreciated.
    Last edited by mmorse; 06-06-2007 at 09:27 PM.

ziggyvox is offline Starter Member

Default Update on posix_account install

It seems my problem was indeed user error. I had created the .zip file from a directory ABOVE the directory containing the files for the zimlet. So when they were extracted the paths didn't jibe with what the installer was expecting. After reading some of the posts here I deduced this and repackaged the .zip and voila! everything went ticky-boo!

I've since been able to see the zimlet loaded in the Admin UI and also the samba zimlet as well. Very cool. Yet following the doco on how to use ldap/samba in Zibra has yielded some other and more challenging issues.

But that's a story for another thread I feel.

~~ziggy~~

romanpogosov is offline New Member

Default It works

Thank you Mmorse and other guys,
    I was so blind...
    The folder inside the archive instead of just all the files inside the archive. Will work to the next wave of issues - really want the Zimbra + Samba to work for me.
    R

Thread Information