Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add Themes

wilso027 is offline Junior Member

Default Add Themes

I am trying to add some of the themes from the website, such as:

http://gallery.zimbra.com/gallery.ph...d&productId=43

but I don't really understand how to install them. Can I just unzip them in the /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/skins directory and use zmcontrol to restart. I tried that and I am not having much luck. Thanks

Allan

kirme3 is offline Trained Alumni

They used to have a thing on themes in the wiki, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Bottom line is, there is 1 more step you are missing, but I can't quite remember it.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Changing logo's themes are a Network Edition Feature only.

The license agreement prohibits changing/removing the logo, and we've had too many non-network edition customers doing it, therefore, it's removed.

For network edition customers, it should be available in the support portal soon, if not already.

-john

Last edited by jholder; 03-12-2007 at 10:11 PM.

wilso027 is offline Junior Member

I don't want to change the logo, I just want to add a theme. Can you only add themes with the network edition. Thanks for the quick reply I am probably going to upgrade but I want to check it out first. So far so good. While I have you do you have a quick link on how to change from open source edition to network edition. Thanks

Allan

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wilso027 View Post
    While I have you do you have a quick link on how to change from open source edition to network edition.
    Download the NE files, extract it and run the './install.sh' script on your Zimbra server. With the obvious rider of 'make a backup first'.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You can add themes and add your logo but you musn't remove the Zimbra branding in the OSS version, full details are in the licence.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

roastpork is offline Active Member

Do we have any updates on this? I am also trying to change themes downloaded from the zimbra themes section. I want to make my own. I understand the license and will oblige. How do I do it?
    License:
    However, in addition to the other notice obligations, (1) all copies of the Original Code in Executable and Source Code form must, as a form of attribution of the original author, include on each user interface screen (i) the original Zimbra logo, and once for each user session (ii) the copyright notice as it appears in the Original Code; and (2) all derivative works and copies of derivative works of the Covered Code in Executable and Source Code form must include on each user interface screen (i) the "Zimbra Inside" logo, and once for each user session (ii) the copyright notice from the version of the Covered Code from which the copy or the derivative work was made. In addition, the original Zimbra logo or the "Zimbra Inside" logo, as appropriate, must be visible to all users, must appear in each user interface screen, and must be in the same position as and at least as large as the Zimbra logo is within the Original Code. When users click on the original Zimbra logo it must direct them to http://www.zimbra.com/, and when users click on the "Zimbra Inside" logo it must direct them to http://www.zimbra.com/inside. This obligation shall also apply to any copies or derivative works which are distributed under the alternative terms of Section 3.6 and this obligation must be included in any such license.

nfear24 is offline Special Member

I also downloaded a theme from the zimbra themes page and cant find anywhere to actually install or deploy the new theme.

roastpork is offline Active Member

I have posted a bug request sort of...

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15921

TaskMaster is offline Intermediate Member

I downloaded the hotrod theme. I copied it into the directory where the other themes are. I restarted my server, but that did ot make teh theme available.

What do I have to do to make the new theme available?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information