Thread: Many Zimlets fail to work in Zimbra 8

krabina is offline Special Member

Default Many Zimlets fail to work in Zimbra 8

Hello,

I have the impression that many Zimlets fail to work with Zimbra 8. It's a trial and error procedure to find out what works and what not. I suggest that Zimbra adds some category or so in the gallery that users can get a quick overview on which Zimlets still work and which need updating.

regards,
    Bernhard

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by krabina View Post
    I have the impression that many Zimlets fail to work with Zimbra 8. It's a trial and error procedure to find out what works and what not. I suggest that Zimbra adds some category or so in the gallery that users can get a quick overview on which Zimlets still work and which need updating.
    All the Zimlets supplied with the Zimbra server work (AFAIK, if it doesn't file a bug report) and for anything else you'd need to file a bug report (if it's supplied by Zimbra) or contact the author of the Zimlets.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

metux is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    All the Zimlets supplied with the Zimbra server work (AFAIK, if it doesn't file a bug report) and for anything else you'd need to file a bug report (if it's supplied by Zimbra) or contact the author of the Zimlets.
    Problem is: the API has changed heavily.

We have encapsulated everything that affects our zimlets in a common library, which exists in separate versions for Helix and IronMaiden:

https://github.com/vnc-biz/zcs-lib-vnc-common

storm is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    As Phoenix said, bug reports should be filed. However, the original poster's suggestion still stands regardless: it is much easier and effective to view Zimbra Gallery and see which versions are compatible.

Fortunately, this function exists in Zimbra Gallery - it lists version compatibility.

Unfortunately, not all zimlet descriptions are updated. What would be useful is to contact the developers to update. And falling that perhaps someone in Zimbra admin can manually update descriptions to ensure the quality Zimbra Gallery?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thread Information