Thread: Update Field Status in Database

saimohang is offline Junior Member

Default Update Field Status in Database

Hi All,

I'm very new to Zimbra Application. I've scenario like, added one button (Archive) in Compose mail window. If I click on the button then I need to store a Boolean value in database. I'm able to set the Boolean value by using event mechanism through Zimlet, but I'm failing to update this Boolean value in the database. Please any one let me know how can we do this process using zimlet or any alternate way to do this. I'm really breaking my head, sine last two days.

Thanks & Regards

Sai Mohan

Hi All,

Please any one reply to me, is there a way to add custom column to the database in zimbra? if so please let me know how can we do the above process. Actually I created a new column in database. After that I'm facing issue when I'm sending mail to others. I'm getting 'Service Failure Exception' while sending mail to other. For adding new column in database need to add details or code any where in the source. Please help me in this, is it possible in Zimbra or not.

Thanks & Regards

Sai Mohan

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You should not modify the Zimbra database, you may break your install and it probably will get wiped out during an upgrade - changes are not guaranteed to be kept.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Bill,

Thanks allot for your reply, So is there any other way to update custom zimlet value in database. Actually in my scenario I need to store one value in the database this updated value can be used in Open ERP while pulling mails to Open ERP. Please let me know if any other way to do the process. Actually I done some process as below,

1) Created zimlet with Proper UI button, Archive with check box and unchecked box image in compose window.
    2) I added handler object to interchange the images when user clicks on the button its working fine.
    3) Once user select unchecked image then in database I need to change the Boolean value to '1' (default I set this value to '0') in mail_item table for column archive_status (this I created newly added in "create_database.sql" file for mail_item table creation). I can able to update this value in database using JDBC. But when try to send mails to others I'm getting 'Service Failure Exception'.

Please let me know if any other way to do this process. And when we try to pull the mails to Open ERP then we restrict mails will not to be import those are mails with Boolean value as '1'.

Thanks & Regards

Sai Mohan

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Unfortunately I'm not a developer so I can't help you with your question. Is this a zimlet you're developing? If it is I'll move this thread to the correct forum.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Bill,

Once again thanks allot for your quick reply.

Yes Bill, I developed a Zimlet to do this process, I think it is the best way to resolve as of my knowledge with less awareness in zimbra develoment. Please help me if any alternate solutions you found in any forum. It would be very thankful to you if you show me a way to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Sai Mohan

Thread Information