Thread: Salesforce.com Zimlet on Pro Edition

tackeyon is offline Starter Member

Question Salesforce.com Zimlet on Pro Edition

We are currently looking at using Zimbra but one of the questions we have is wether or not we can use Zimbra on the professional edition of SalesForce. The requirements for Zimbra on the appexchange say Enterprise or Unlimited edition but our Account Exec for SalesForce said sometimes certain apps can work on pro edtion and told me to ask on the Zimbra Forums.

Does the SalesForce Zimlet work with Pro editon of Salesforce?

Thanks

infoweldernick is offline Junior Member

My understanding is that it will not because the zimlet uses the salesforce API to access and update data. The API is open for EE and UE editions, but not for PE.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

AFAIK, the only thing you need is a salesforce account to be able to use the SF zimlet.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    AFAIK, the only thing you need is a salesforce account to be able to use the SF zimlet.
    You actually need the webservices API access in Salesforce. In the current price pkgs at Salesforce that means the Enterprise or Unlimited edition. There may be folks who had API access on a different plan. The best bet is to check with your Salesforce rep and make sure your account has webservices API access.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

infoweldernick is offline Junior Member

Also, you can add on API access as an a la carte optionto Professional Edition.

wfweaver is offline Trained Alumni

Default What about Developer Edition? What is ignore domain?

Two questions. The SalesForce FAQ says the API is available for Developer Edition accounts. Does that mean the Zimlet should work against these accounts? Second, when you go into preferences to setup your login/password there is an additional field called "Ignore Domain". What is that and what should it be set to? It seems to require a value - I can't leave it blank as ok won't do anything unless I put something into it - but anything I do put in causes a login failure. Obviously I don't know what it is for!

gmsmith is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wfweaver View Post
    Two questions. The SalesForce FAQ says the API is available for Developer Edition accounts. Does that mean the Zimlet should work against these accounts? Second, when you go into preferences to setup your login/password there is an additional field called "Ignore Domain". What is that and what should it be set to? It seems to require a value - I can't leave it blank as ok won't do anything unless I put something into it - but anything I do put in causes a login failure. Obviously I don't know what it is for!
    The "Ignore Domain" field - it will ignore responses of contacts/accounts with that domain. So if you drag and drop a message that has both zimbra.com and customer.com addresses and zimbra.com is set to ignore then it will only show the customer addresses and accounts.

wfweaver is offline Trained Alumni

Default Two questions follow-up

Thanks for the answer on the ignore domain. When I setup the preferences, if I don't put in an ignore domain value, it doesn't do anything. If I do, it will save it, but it fails on login. However using the same login works just fine on the salesforce site.

So, I'm back to my original question then, does this work with the developer edition which is suppose to have full API support?

gmsmith is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wfweaver View Post
    Thanks for the answer on the ignore domain. When I setup the preferences, if I don't put in an ignore domain value, it doesn't do anything. If I do, it will save it, but it fails on login. However using the same login works just fine on the salesforce site.

So, I'm back to my original question then, does this work with the developer edition which is suppose to have full API support?
    It does indeed...I am using it at the moment myself.

Thread Information