Thread: Hard to copy Zimletted text

furball4 is offline Intermediate Member

Default Hard to copy Zimletted text

Pardon the verbing, but it is hard to copy text that has been turned into a link by a Zimlet. If I want to copy a phone number to the clipboard, I have to use the cursor perfectly to get the highlighting just right (just right means it looks NOT highlighted) before I hit Ctrl+C.

This problem exists with all links, but it's worse for Zimlets because they are often likely to be things that you need copied, like phone numbers! My questions are:

1. Am I missing an easy way to copy this text?

2. Is it a good feature request to ask that one of the context-menu options on every Zimlet be "Copy text" or similar? Also, is that menu something that is completely controlled by the Zimlet, or could such a feature by implemented system-wide?

Coilcore is offline Senior Member

Default Just to second this

This is even worse with email addresses where you just want the email address and its got brackets (< >). You have to copy, paste, then modify.

But ultimately I don't know how one can get around this. Also, I'm not sure how an AJAX app can interact with the system copy/paste buffer.
    Last edited by Coilcore; 11-03-2006 at 12:15 PM.

furball4 is offline Intermediate Member

I'm not sure how an AJAX app can interact with the system copy/paste buffer.
    I'm pretty sure that Javascript can copy things to the clipboard. I'm liking the context-menu solution that does this. I think I'll submit a feature request, though I still don't know if this is something that each Zimlet would have to do or not. I'm guessing so.

Thread Information