Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Access from zimlet to Apache in the same server

  1. #1
    ruculmana is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    La Paz, Bolivia
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    8

    Question Access from zimlet to Apache in the same server

    Hi. Please can somebody help me with this matter?

    I have Zimbra and Apache running in the same server. Zimbra is running at port 6081 and apache at 80.

    I put a simple webservice on apache and I need to access this webservice from a zimlet. But when I try to do that apache returns an HTTP 403 STATUS.

    Is it possible to fix it?

  2. #2
    czaveri's Avatar
    czaveri is offline Former Zimbran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruculmana
    Hi. Please can somebody help me with this matter?

    I have Zimbra and Apache running in the same server. Zimbra is running at port 6081 and apache at 80.

    I put a simple webservice on apache and I need to access this webservice from a zimlet. But when I try to do that apache returns an HTTP 403 STATUS.

    Is it possible to fix it?
    You shouldn't get this error on the same server. Can't say more than - have a look at Pages 33 and 34: Zimbra Zimlets Whitepaper.
    Regards,

    Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

    "Dhundhne par Bhagwan bhi ..."

  3. #3
    ruculmana is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    La Paz, Bolivia
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    8

    Post Still doesn't work

    I added
    <property name="allowedDomains">*.192.168.0.100</property>

    but the result is the same. HTTP 403 status.

    I'm using a simple REST webservice (named rest-server.php) like above:

    <?
    $amount=$_GET["amount"];
    $taxcalc=$amount*.15;
    echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" ?>";
    echo "<taxinfo>";
    echo "<result>".$taxcalc."</result>";
    echo "</taxinfo>";
    ?>

    I'm using the GET method to request a result in a xml file. (http://192.168.0.100/rest-server.php?amount=500)

    I noticed that when I request from firefox or opera, in the same server, the browser doesn't see the result like an xml file and show just a number. When I request from a windows system using IE the result is OK and the browser show an xml file. Also I put the rest-server.php in a win2000 server with the same results.

    Is this has relation with my zimlet problem? What do you think?

  4. #4
    czaveri's Avatar
    czaveri is offline Former Zimbran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Not sure and am not very good with things, but could this be pertaining to encoding type?

    Perhaps you can try:

    Code:
     echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\" ?>\n";
    Regards,

    Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

    "Dhundhne par Bhagwan bhi ..."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 10:06 AM
  2. Zimbra fails after working for 2 weeks
    By Linsys in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
  3. need advice on configuring zimbra to work with fax server
    By pheonix1t in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
  4. Post instsallation problems
    By Assaf in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 11:38 AM
  5. Error 256 on Installation
    By RuinExplorer in forum Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •