Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email downloader for Zimbra 7

jobe is offline Senior Member

Default Email downloader for Zimbra 7

Hi everybody, since i moved to Zimbra 7.0.0 from version 6.0.x, the "Email Downloader" zimlet stopped working properly, now I can't download emails dragging them on the zimlet icon. The drag & drop function for contacts and appointments is still working. Do you know in if there is a similar zimlet compatible with version 7.x?

i2ambler is offline Special Member

Quote Originally Posted by jobe View Post
    Hi everybody, since i moved to Zimbra 7.0.0 from version 6.0.x, the "Email Downloader" zimlet stopped working properly, now I can't download emails dragging them on the zimlet icon. The drag & drop function for contacts and appointments is still working. Do you know in if there is a similar zimlet compatible with version 7.x?
    Im having the same problem with 6.0.13 . Really stinks!!

ThomS is offline Intermediate Member

Can you indicate what part of this Zimlet doesn't work anymore in version 7.0.0?

I am currently testing this Zimlet on Zimbra NE version 7.1.2 and it seems to work OK.

Hi! The problem appears when I try to download many emails simultaneously: if I select the emails, then I drag them onto the zimlet, the interface becomes laggy and I can't perform the drop action. No problems with drag & drop of a single email, and with other multiple items, like contacts.
    Let's see if the problem persists with your newer version.
    Bye!

ThomS is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jobe View Post
    Hi! The problem appears when I try to download many emails simultaneously: if I select the emails, then I drag them onto the zimlet, the interface becomes laggy and I can't perform the drop action. No problems with drag & drop of a single email, and with other multiple items, like contacts.
    Let's see if the problem persists with your newer version.
    Bye!
    Thanks for your quick reply. I haven't noticed any performance problems when trying to download many e-mails at once using this Zimlet. But it might be due to the newer Zimbra version I am testing it on, or might have to do with other external factors (browser, server etc.).

As far as I can see this isn't a show-stopper for deploying this Zimlet after our upgrade.

Thanks!

Good to know, I'll keep this result in mind. When we'll proceed with an upgrade, I'll post the results.
    I think it's related with the specific version of Zimbra, because one of our customers had the same problem, and he's running 7.0.0, if I remember correctly.
    Thank you for the answers, bye!

rrao is offline Zimbra Employee

It sounds like browser issue. Make sure to use latest versions of them, like, FireFox6 or IE8/9 or Chrome13.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Hi. I tried with IE9, Firefox 6 and Chrome 12....no luck, same problem with each browser.

pat_allen is offline Intermediate Member

Default "Out of RPC cache" with Downloader Zimlet

Hi there,

I'm trying to deploy Zimbra 7.1.3 to our company. The Downloader zimlet would be great if it worked all the time since it provides a way to archive off portions of a mailbox. But if I select several hundred mail messages and drag them onto the zimlet I get a "Out of RPC cache" error. It works great for small groups of mail messages but not for very large groups of messages. I've tried this on both Firefox 7.0.1 and IE 9.

Does anyone have any suggestions? THANKS!

Pat

tdesorbaix is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

There is a bug about this problem :
    Email Downloader zimlet giving Out of RPC cache errors
    But the problem doesn't come from the zimlet.
    It come from zimbra API that load all the mails dragged before you do the drop on the zimlet. (100 message dragged will send 100 soap requests to get the mails items).
    You will have the same error with other zimlets when dragging a lot of items.

If you want to export a lot of mail, instead of using the zimlet, you can use the Import/Export functionality of the user preferences tab.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information