I need some info on using Zimbra and Salesforce in a mixed OS environment
I am looking into Zimbra as a possible solution to some problems I've been having. My business is a mix of Mac and PC clients. We are also users of Salesforce.com. I have a few questions that, hopefully, someone can answer.
- Is the SalesForce zimlet usable with both the webmail interface AND the Zimbra desktop clients?
- If it is compatible with the desktop clients, is this for ALL OSes?
- Does the SalesForce Zimlet offer 2-way synchronization of contacts, calendars, and tasks?
- If 2-way synchronization is not available, is such functionality in the plans for the near future?
- Are there any plans to make public and resource calendars synchable through the Salesforce zimlet?
I would appreciate any answers I can get to these questions, as I have been very frustrated in my efforts to find a good solution for synching SalesForce contacts and calendars with both my Windows and Mac clients.