Thread: Sticky notes zimlet 1.5 doesn't leave screen and stays open

fyd
    fyd is offline Elite Member

Lightbulb Sticky notes zimlet 1.5 doesn't leave screen and stays open

I've successfully deployed Sticky notes zimlet Version: 1.5 on my ZCS 6.0.9. Looks good except for the fact that the note doesn't leave the screen after I leave the mail and click the next one.

To be precise, I've set a note for a mail. And when I focus on the mail the note appears. Fine. But when I click the next mail, the note stays Open in the screen. And I always have to delete the note to remove from screen. Get the same result when I open a note for writing, keep it like that and move to the next mail.

I love this zimlet, and would like to fix this forever. Hoping for a word from someone.

fyd

Tested on firefox 3.6.3, 3.6.12 and ie 8. With same results.

Another thing I found is .. right after a note is added to a mail, a tag is set subjected 'emails with stickynotes'. When I delete the note, the tag fails to go away. I have to manually delete the tag too .. bad.

fyd

I have a test note active and grepping for info, I found this

[zimbra@ ~]$ zmprov ga account@ zimbraZimletUserProperties | grep stickynotes
    zimbraZimletUserProperties: com_zimbra_stickynotes:turnONstickynotesZimlet:tru e
    zimbraZimletUserProperties: com_zimbra_stickynotes:stickyNotes_data:
    zimbraZimletUserProperties: com_zimbra_stickynotes:stickyNotes_ToolbarBtn:true

The data doesn't show any ..

fyd

Pressing the save button works.. that saves the note again and takes the note out of focus. I feel a bit stupid not to have thought of that but the zimlet should really think about what to do when the next mail is clicked ..
    I would prefer to have that too.

fyd

Well this is a bit irritating. I am not sure if people would guess this .. to leave the note by clicking the save button. Its like that even when the note isn't updated. Guess this would be looked into .. thanks.

Thread Information