Thread: New Item In Search Dropdown

theonewesp is offline New Member

Default New Item In Search Dropdown

I'm working on a Zimlet that is a filterable list of all my clients. This list is in a new tab and I would like to filter/search this list using the search box in Zimbra. I have the functionality for searching working, but when I search, Zimbra switches to the tab indicated by the selection in the search dropdown (Email, Contacts, Appointments, etc.). I thought, then, that I would add a new item in this dropdown that's automatically selected when I switch to my zimlet's tab, just like the rest of the items are tied to their tabs. How do I achieve this?

To recap: I want to add a new item in the search dropdown, so I see something like this listed: Email, Contacts, Appointments, Tasks, My Clients, etc. And then when my tab is selected, switch to My Clients in the dropdown.

Thank you!

theonewesp is offline New Member

After perusing the ZD source for a while, I've come to the conclusion that the only way to access the ZD search bar menu is to build my zimlet as a zimbra app. And to the best of my knowledge, a new app requires recompiling the client?

If there's anyone who can confirm or deny my suspicions, that would be wonderful.

Thread Information