Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Document sharing

freit5 is offline Intermediate Member

Default Document sharing

This would be my dream app if there was a module for uploading and sharing documents.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by freit5
    This would be my dream app if there was a module for uploading and sharing documents.
    There is a Documents feature in Release 4, a RC1 is available for download and test. Have a look at the RC1 documentation from the download page. Documents is still considered a beta feature at this stage but it works.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    There is a Documents feature in Release 4, a RC1 is available for download and test. Have a look at the RC1 documentation from the download page. Documents is still considered a beta feature at this stage but it works.
    Yes, this is awesome. However, when I enabled it and clicked on the documents icon, the script never responds. Could this be a permissions issue?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I haven't explored it much but Documents is working on my system. What o/s are you using? Was this an upgrade or a clean install & which browser? Try clearing your browser cache and restarting Zimbra or rebooting the server and see what happens.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

DGS_David is offline Intermediate Member

I had a problem with docs not responding on RC1 this morning.

It was the "Zimbra vmware image" with the upgrade installed as an upgrade rather than 'let installed wipe and re-install'. Everytime I hit the doc button it kept displaying the 'script is taking long time' Firefox warning. If I kept pressing 'continue' it eventually displayed a Zimbra javascript error saying that java had recursed too many times. On one occasion it asked if I should allow a bug report to be sent, which I did allow (it appeared to be a zimbra bug report rather than firefox).

I re-installed the RC1 and this time select 'new install - delete mail etc' and the problem went away.

HTH
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    I haven't explored it much but Documents is working on my system. What o/s are you using? Was this an upgrade or a clean install & which browser? Try clearing your browser cache and restarting Zimbra or rebooting the server and see what happens.
    It's a clean install on RHEL4. Firefox just says the script has stopped responding. IE says, Error: Out of stack space. Rebooting and clearing browser doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by DGS_David
    I had a problem with docs not responding on RC1 this morning.

It was the "Zimbra vmware image" with the upgrade installed as an upgrade rather than 'let installed wipe and re-install'. Everytime I hit the doc button it kept displaying the 'script is taking long time' Firefox warning. If I kept pressing 'continue' it eventually displayed a Zimbra javascript error saying that java had recursed too many times. On one occasion it asked if I should allow a bug report to be sent, which I did allow (it appeared to be a zimbra bug report rather than firefox).

I re-installed the RC1 and this time select 'new install - delete mail etc' and the problem went away.

HTH
    David.
    Thanks David, I'm not using VMware though and this was a clean install. I'm holding out a little while longer before I try re-instsalling.

andyc is offline Zimbra Employee

Default Infinite Loop

It sounds like the problem is that the client is looking for the document templates and not finding them. Since it assumes that there will be templates available from the server, it tries again, doesn't find them, tries again, and ...well, you get the idea.

This is how it's supposed to work:

First, the install/upgrade should create a user account in the default domain that we call the "global" account. This account name is generated (much like the anti-spam account, for example) but can be discovered by looking at the user accounts for your domain within the admin console. This account is used to host the default document template files and, by default, is shared read-only with everyone and their grandmother.

Second, the user has the option of creating a user account in a domain to host documents that are shared with that domain. You can think of this as the public wiki space for the domain and, by default, is shared read/write with everyone in that domain. This account does not contain any files to start with, templates or otherwise, and can be called whatever you want.

Third, each user has their own personal wiki "Notebook" to start with that they can then share with whomever they want.

When the user goes to the Documents app within the client, the index page of the user's default personal notebook is shown. In order to render this page, the client needs to download the document templates from the server. First, it looks in the user's current notebook folder, then in the domain template folder (if present), and finally in the global template folder. For the documents app to work, the templates MUST be found somewhere and there is an error in the install/upgrade process if they were not installed so please file a bug and let us know your exact setup.

To fix this problem, you need to manually import the template files. You can either import the files into the global account or create a domain wiki account and import them there. If you do the former, you'll need to figure out the global account name and if you use the latter, you might need to change the sharing permissions on the Template folder in the domain wiki account.

To create the domain wiki account, go to the admin client, select the domain from the left hand side tree, and then press the "Create Documents" (or whatever) button on the toolbar. This will guide you through a wizard to create the domain account.

Whether you create the domain wiki account or not, you can then import the template files using zmprov. Login to your server and run the following command:

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov importNotebook {name@domain} {password} /opt/zimbra/wiki/Template Template
    Let me know if this helps.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default Still no dice

Thanks for your help. I tried importing the templates as you suggested to both the super account and the wiki account which I previously created. Is there a problem with my syntax?

If I try the command with {username} I get "authentication failed". If I don't use the {...} I get, "no such account". What is the proper syntax? Not sure why I get the unkown host exception because sending and receiving mail is working fine. Thanks again.

[zimbra@TKEY-2810 ~]$ /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov importNotebook wiki@montrose.bb password /opt/zimbra/wiki/Template Template
    java.net.UnknownHostException: TKEY-2810.montrose.bb: TKEY-2810.montrose.bb
    at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java :1308)
    at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.LC.<clinit>(LC.java:217)
    at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.KnownKey.<clinit>(KnownK ey.java:39)
    at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.LocalConfig.verify(Local Config.java:327)
    at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.LocalConfig.<init>(Local Config.java:177)
    at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.LocalConfig.readConfig(L ocalConfig.java:348)
    at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.LocalConfig.<clinit>(Loc alConfig.java:353)
    at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.Main.main(Main.java:116)
    java.net.UnknownHostException: TKEY-2810.montrose.bb: TKEY-2810.montrose.bb
    at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java :1308)
    at com.zimbra.cs.localconfig.LC.<clinit>(LC.java:217)
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.toolSetup(Zimbra.java:19 3)
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.toolSetup(Zimbra.java:18 8)
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.toolSetup(Zimbra.java:18 4)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java: 1361)
    Initializing...
    Creating wiki document _Header in folder Template
    Cannot import Wiki documents from /opt/zimbra/wiki/Template
    com.zimbra.cs.service.wiki.WikiServiceException: error: import
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.wiki.WikiServiceException.ER ROR(WikiServiceException.java:60)

at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.startImpo rt(WikiUtil.java:499)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.doImport(ProvUtil.j ava:1201)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.importNotebook(Prov Util.java:1196)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.execute(ProvUtil.ja va:528)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java: 1414)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.soap.SoapFaultException: error: no such account ncn935.vk@
    at com.zimbra.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(Soap12Pro tocol.java:102)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement(S oapTransport.java:212)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(So apTransport.java:188)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpT ransport.java:210)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport .java:228)
    at com.zimbra.cs.client.soap.LmcSoapRequest.invoke(Lm cSoapRequest.java:148)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.createWik i(WikiUtil.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.createIte m(WikiUtil.java:424)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.populateF olders(WikiUtil.java:460)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.startImpo rt(WikiUtil.java:496)
    ... 4 more

If I try the user name with the {username} I get "authentication failed. If I don't use the {...} I get, no such account. What is the proper syntax. Not sure why I get the unkown host exception because sending and receiving mail is working fine.

I fixed the hostname error and I read the wiki and the correct syntax as you know is without the brackets. So, I'm not sure why I get the error below, "no such account" becuase I can even login with the user "wiki".

[zimbra@montrose ~]$ zmprov importNotebook wiki@montrose.bb pass /opt/zimbra/wiki/Template Template
    Initializing...
    Creating wiki document _Header in folder Template
    Cannot import Wiki documents from /opt/zimbra/wiki/Template
    com.zimbra.cs.service.wiki.WikiServiceException: error: import
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.wiki.WikiServiceException.ER ROR(WikiServiceException.java:60)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.startImpo rt(WikiUtil.java:499)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.doImport(ProvUtil.j ava:1201)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.importNotebook(Prov Util.java:1196)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.execute(ProvUtil.ja va:528)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java: 1414)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.soap.SoapFaultException: error: no such account ncn935.vk@
    at com.zimbra.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(Soap12Pro tocol.java:102)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement(S oapTransport.java:212)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(So apTransport.java:188)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpT ransport.java:210)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport .java:228)
    at com.zimbra.cs.client.soap.LmcSoapRequest.invoke(Lm cSoapRequest.java:148)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.createWik i(WikiUtil.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.createIte m(WikiUtil.java:424)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.populateF olders(WikiUtil.java:460)
    at com.zimbra.cs.wiki.WikiUtil$WikiSoapUtil.startImpo rt(WikiUtil.java:496)
    ... 4 more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information