Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: com_zimbra_social problem

  1. #1
    rromei is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    6

    Default com_zimbra_social problem

    Hi all,

    Zimbra Social won't let me add an FB account:

    Just deployed the zimlet from the 6.0.6 server upgraded last night.
    The Zimlet version (in com_zimbra_social.xml) is:
    2.1.7.4_6.0.6.20100406.020304

    Client Information

    Client Version: 6.0.6_GA_2324.RHEL5
    Client Release: 20100406131453
    Build Date: 20100406-1324

    The zimlet goes through PART 1: Login and Grant Permissions. I double checked in my FB account and is permitted.
    Fails on PART 2: Load Permissions to Zimbra. The blank windows appear, I close it. Click OK.
    No account shows up.

    Tried with FF 3.6, IE 8 and Safari 4.x but same problem.

    Any advice is welcome thanks.
    Last edited by rromei; 04-28-2010 at 01:40 AM.

  2. #2
    rromei is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    ..also deactivated all other zimlets and retried adding my FB account.
    Same problem.

  3. #3
    Klug's Avatar
    Klug is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaucaire, France
    Posts
    2,292
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Is your account in the default CoS or another CoS?

    If it's in another CoS, did you add the Facebooks servers/URLs in the authorized list of ZCS' internal proxy ?

  4. #4
    rromei is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post
    Is your account in the default CoS or another CoS?

    If it's in another CoS, did you add the Facebooks servers/URLs in the authorized list of ZCS' internal proxy ?
    No I didn't do that.
    Thanks I'll try that right away and feedback...

  5. #5
    rromei is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post
    Is your account in the default CoS or another CoS?

    If it's in another CoS, did you add the Facebooks servers/URLs in the authorized list of ZCS' internal proxy ?
    I'm in the default COS with some personal settings.
    I looked around the Admin UI and I can't find nothing that rings the bell...

    Probably you mean using the command line like this:

    zmprov mc <COSname> +zimbraProxyAllowedDomains <*. domain.com>

    ???

  6. #6
    rromei is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rromei View Post
    I'm in the default COS with some personal settings.
    I looked around the Admin UI and I can't find nothing that rings the bell...

    Probably you mean using the command line like this:

    zmprov mc <COSname> +zimbraProxyAllowedDomains <*. domain.com>

    ???
    I added with the zmprov mc command above facebook.com

    Now ./zmprov gc default returns

    ...
    zimbraProxyAllowedDomains: *.yimg.com
    zimbraProxyAllowedDomains: *.yahoo.com
    zimbraProxyAllowedDomains: *.maxmind.com
    zimbraProxyAllowedDomains: *.csgnetwork.com
    zimbraProxyAllowedDomains: *.yahooapis.com
    zimbraProxyAllowedDomains: *.facebook.com
    zimbraProxyAllowedDomains: *.tweetmeme.com
    ...

    with the *.facebook.com set as an allowed proxy domain.
    I can see the frame supposed to show FB messages in my user UI but no feed comes through.



    Social - Zimbra :: Wiki doesn't say much except the obvious, now I'm watching the comcast.

    Does it have to be this difficult?

  7. #7
    rromei is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rromei View Post
    Does it have to be this difficult?
    Apparently yes but I succeded.

    • Deploy the zimlet in the default COS and other COSes
    • Allow the proxy as follow:
      zmprov mc <yourCOSname> +zimbraProxyAllowedDomains *.facebook.com
    • Activate the zimlet in the default COS (plus other)
    • Enabled it in the user profile from admin UI
    • Reload the user Zimbra web UI or logout/login (I cleaned the browser cache...too)
    • Click on the Social tab and Add remove account...


    This time it worked...

    Thanks again to Klug for pointing me in the right direction though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Upgraded to 5.0 OSS - Sendmail Problem
    By Chewie71 in forum Installation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
  2. Backup problem
    By polaco999 in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 12:13 PM
  3. [SOLVED] webmail relay problem
    By pst in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 01:24 AM
  4. Problem in Outlook 2003 with SMTPS
    By m.a.g. in forum Installation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 02:35 PM
  5. [SOLVED] Small problem stopping zimbra
    By jml75 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 08:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •