Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zimlet Tab Inline HTML

parixit is offline Senior Member

Sposetti,

I have been digging around and found the following using firefox's firebug:

Permission denied for <http://mailstoretest> to get property Window.frame_list from <https://msgctr>.
    http://mailstoretest/folder-tree/
    Line 69

seems like our zimbra server (msgctr) is dening our mailstore server (mailstoretest)

I got in touch with the mailstore guys and this is what they have to say:
    "it seems that there is something misconfigured in your Zimbra Zimlet.
    Firefox tries to access a machine called : "msgctr" while browsing MailStore Web Access. Firefox should only talk to the following machine: "mailstoretest" on port 8461 for http to access the archive.
    So, the question is what's that for a machine: "msgctr" and why is Firefox trying to access this machine via https protocol while browsing MailStore Web Access.
    Anyway, error message shows that the MailStore machine has no permissions on "msgctr" Do you know how to change that?"

I also made a simple "test.html" page and loaded the iframe. Same error! permissions denied.

Just got word from mailstore:

"I talked to someone from MailStore development and he confirmed that this is a bug.
    This behaviour will be fixed in the next version of MailStore Server which is available during the next two or three weeks.

Sorry for your inconvenience."

=(

sposetti is offline Former Zimbran

Glad to hear that...well, not glad to hear it's a bug but at least glad to hear that the issue has been found and will be fixed.

jisenburg is offline Active Member

Default Iframe Zimlet

I too am testing the iframe zimlet. And it works great minus one issue.

I have an iframe that is pointing to a moodle site. I work in a school district.
    When selecting certain links it opens that iframe up to a full tab in firefox and essentially closes out of my zwc and links me to my moodle site.

Any ideas on how to resolve that issue? I have also tested this iframe with another site we use and after logging in to that site it does the same thing that the moodle site does.

I have tried editing the width and height % in the .js but that does not seem to have any effect except making the iframe smaller in the zwc.

I also edited my config template and entered in my websites correctly as well with this "zmzimletctl configure config_template.xml"

Let me know if I am not explaining this correctly or if anyone doesn't understand.

Thanks!

The sites you are using as the <iframe> src might not work well in iframes. A site in an <iframe> might target the top/parent window of the browser, which in this case, is the zimbra web client. When you click a link in that site while in the iframe, it takes over the top window and the browser window becomes theirs (i.e. the link is opened the full tab).

For example, if a page contains an <a> link and targets "_top", when the link is clicked within an iframe, the whole window is taken over.

Code:
    <a href="test.html" target="_top">this is a link to TEST.html</a>
    Total side note: sites like twitter.com check if the window they are in is the "top" window. If not, they set the "top" window to be their site...so you can't even browse twitter inside of an iframe...it takes over the whole window making it impossible to iframe twitter.

Also, the config_template.xml is used when you are routing Zimlet JavaScript requests from your zimlet back thru ZCS. In the case of an iframe, the framed site is not routing thru ZCS (via the Zimlet Proxy Servlet), the site is loading from the browser (i.e. that's the way iframes work). So configuring the allowed domains in config template will have no affect.

Just an FYI: ZCS 6.0:Zimlet Developers Guide:Proxy Servlet Setup - Zimbra :: Wiki

You can test if a site can work in a iframe by making a simple test.html page with an <iframe> tag and see if you can navigate the <iframe>'d site w/o it taking "over" the top window.

bku09 is offline Member

hi,

thanks for the examples, can somebody please post an example how to open up an iframe from the zimlet left menu instead of a tab ? i'm really bad in coding, a hint would be fine :-)

thanks,
    Bernd

Here are a couple examples of opening a URL in a window when clicking on the zimlet from the left Panel.

This example shows how to handle a single and double-click and it is all done in the Zimlet Definition File XML (i.e. no JavaScript required):

ZCS 6.0:Zimlet Developers Guide:Examples:Panel Item Clicked XML - Zimbra :: Wiki

This example shows handling single and double-click events in the Zimlet JavaScript Handler Object:

ZCS 6.0:Zimlet Developers Guide:Examples:Panel Item Clicked - Zimbra :: Wiki

And as an FYI, here is a link to the Zimlet Definition File Reference:

ZCS 6.0:Zimlet Developers Guide:Zimlet Definition File Reference - Zimbra :: Wiki

bku09 is offline Member

Cool

thanks for the hints, but I still don't get it

Code:
    <menuItem label="Test menu 1.0" id="TEST_MENU_SOME_ID1">
                    <canvas type="window" width="300" height="300" />
                    <actionUrl method="get" target="http://www.yahoo.com" />
    </menuItem>
    maybe I missed something, but there is no actionURL or canvas type parameter to create an iframe in the main content frame (just new window, dialogs , ..) :-/ as I said, I'm really bad at coding, is it possible that someone "code" an example zimlet like the "TAB Iframe" but this time with a panel menu item?

thanks and sorry for my ignorance :-)

krabina is offline Special Member

Hi,
    I'm using this very nice Zimlet to have a button to our internal MediaWiki.

The MediaWiki loads nicely, but I cannot log to the wiki, because the wiki displays the error that cookies are not allowed (but needs cookies in order to be able to log in).

I'm using Firefox 3.5.7. If I open MediaWiki in a tab of firefox, login works. If i click on the tab inside Zimbra, MediaWiki complains that it cannot set cookies.

Any ideas?
    - Bernhard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information