Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimlet Suggestion: A Tab To Display the contents of 'My Documents' directory

todd_dsm is offline Loyal Member

Default Zimbra Go-Docs!

OK, let's try this one last time, from another perspective...

Let's say your in a meeting. You have a pad, a pen, your trusty iPhone, and maybe a slight hang-over. You are forgetting one thing but you can't remember what it is...

Your co-worker pulls you aside and tells you he can't start his presentation without the document you were supposed to email him last Friday night. The pressure is on...there are only a few likely outcomes:

A) You run down the hall, login to your pc, fire up Outlook, form the email, attach your doc and off it goes. Not bad, you only held up 9 executives for 15 minutes while you were jacking around.

B) Because your friend was cool enough not to out you to the whole executive layer for being a ball-dropper, you tell him to keep his shirt on while you kick back in the big leather chair playing with your iPhone. Of course he's sweating it. You connect to your zimbra account; form your email, attach the doc, and send...thus making life easier for your co-worker, the executives, and your hang-over.
    ---

This could easily be a sales meeting. You are sitting in front of your target, you are just about to close the sale and (poop) I don't have that one spreadsheet that I only need once a year...

The target says, don't worry about it, send it to me when you get back to the office. And then you remember, you have the coolest email server in the world. You futz with the iPhone again, and voila. You just look at the target and tell him to check his email. In drops the spreadsheet - WOW!
    He thinks you're the coolest guy in the world now and buys 12 new widgets from you. Since you don't have to go back to the office to send a single email, lunch starts early today and, time to start cocktailing again...
    ===

Now, that being said, who wouldn't want their entire office in their pocket? It just makes sense for the sake of accessibility.

Please click here and vote for the RFE.
    Last edited by todd_dsm; 10-08-2010 at 09:14 AM.

pyperdown is offline Active Member

Any movement on this?

Ideally I'd point zimbra at my openldap automounts or something like that. We're migrating from horde, which has this functionality (albeit a bit clunky).

todd_dsm is offline Loyal Member

Default Not getting much traction

I think the zimbra/samba movement is myself and about 4 other people.

You can vote on the enhancement request here:

pyperdown is offline Active Member

I voted for it.... Still not seeing any simple way to do it. Tying in to another project/product might be the hot ticket.

With automounts set up, getting zimbra to su as the logged-in user would mount their homedir on the filesystem. Then need to get zimbra to provide access to it. "somehow".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information