Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Create new message with pre-filled BCC, possible with Zimlet?

  1. #1
    batfastad is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    8

    Question Create new message with pre-filled BCC, possible with Zimlet?

    Hi guys

    I'm looking for a way to have our subscriber and customer email lists accessible from within Zimbra so users can send them updates straight from the AJAX interface.
    I was thinking of a Zimlet that the user clicks and a box pops up with various search criteria. The form does a GET/POST to a PHP script on our intranet which returns the recipient e-mail addresses and creates a new message window with the recipients pre-filled in the BCC field of the new message.

    Is that possible with a Zimlet?

    If not then a back up option would be to just return the recipient list and have the user copy&paste them into a new message window.
    Would be cool to be able to pop-up a new message though with a pre-filled BCC

    Is something like that possible with a Zimlet?

    Cheers, B

  2. #2
    tdesorbaix is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batfastad View Post
    Hi guys

    I'm looking for a way to have our subscriber and customer email lists accessible from within Zimbra so users can send them updates straight from the AJAX interface.
    I was thinking of a Zimlet that the user clicks and a box pops up with various search criteria. The form does a GET/POST to a PHP script on our intranet which returns the recipient e-mail addresses and creates a new message window with the recipients pre-filled in the BCC field of the new message.

    Is that possible with a Zimlet?
    Yes, it is possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by batfastad View Post
    If not then a back up option would be to just return the recipient list and have the user copy&paste them into a new message window.
    Would be cool to be able to pop-up a new message though with a pre-filled BCC

    Is something like that possible with a Zimlet?

    Cheers, B
    It is also possible.

    You can look at this thread for an example zimlet to open a new message window :
    Zimlet to prepare a formated email

  3. #3
    batfastad is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    That's great news!
    Is there a limit on the number of recipients you can have in the BCC field through the AJAX interface?

  4. #4
    tdesorbaix is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batfastad View Post
    Is there a limit on the number of recipients you can have in the BCC field through the AJAX interface?
    I suppose there is a limit but I don't think that it should bother you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 'Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server"
    By chirag1 in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 05:14 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 10:06 AM
  3. [SOLVED] Zimbra desktop slowed down the system
    By hvle in forum General Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
  4. Emails bouncing with "Error Text: 401,'null'"
    By sholden in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 04:59 PM
  5. Post instsallation problems
    By Assaf in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •