Thread: Zimlet: Consuming calendar entries

joshm is offline Junior Member

Default Zimlet: Consuming calendar entries

Hello,

I've been browsing the forum and have become familiar with the many ways of exporting a calendar and then importing it with zimbra. However, my friends and I are trying to develop a zimlet to do some of this behaviour since we're experimenting with doing this in a small javascript panel. We're trying to code this to happen within one of the javascript panels that popup due to a zimlet being invoked (ie: like dropping a calendar appointment on the WebEx zimlet).

Let me just outline briefly the atomic tasks we're trying to:

1. Get a week's calendar entries (Ie: from now() to 1 week from now() ) and consume them one by one within a zimlet, and so computation on each of them, and present a summary of the entries.

We saw that when the WebEx zimlet presents a list of calendar appointments, that those entries are pulled from another server! Hmm. I wonder if there is a way to produce a list from calendar entries from the current user or another user.

Is there a way to programmatically go into zimbra and say "Hey, give me all calendar entries as an array" and then go through the array and extract values like "entry[0].title, entry[0].attendees"

2. In a zimlet created popup panel, we'd like to add a calendar entry via the panel! Ie, a user specifies a title for an entry, some attendees, etc and a time, and the panel can insert an entry into our calendar and someone else's calendar (of course there, it would be a tentative entry, of course)

I think the EVite zimlet is where we'll look for this. Any one else have some resources they can point us to?

ychaouche is offline Senior Member

I tried this but it's not guaranteed to work all the time :

appCtxt.getApp(ZmApp.CALENDAR).getListController() .getCurrentListView().getApptList()._array
    Would return a list of the current calendar's appointments. But what you need is a method that goes through all calendars I suppose so it's not that helpful. Maybe grepping in the zimbra source code ?

I also discovered you can actually get appointments by sending a SOAP request to Zimbra. I think it's GetMiniCalRequest. If you open firebug, you can see that Zimbra sends this request on startup, and when you're visiting the calendar for the first time, the latter is hidden inside a BatchRequest though

get_minical_request.jpg

Sometimes it's

Code:
    appCtxt.getApp(ZmApp.CALENDAR).getListController() .getCurrentListView()._list._array

Thread Information