Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet
I started programming an asterisk zimlet that uses asterisk manager interface AMI instead of SIP protocol like the already existing Zimlet.
Thanks to Asterisk-Java I was able to easily interface with AMI in jsp.
Main purpose is to dial (originate). I also added SMS functionality that uses Asterik SMS() application. For now every originate does a separate login to AMI, send action and then logs out. Don't now if this can cause troubles in big installations.
Finally i have something working, but there are still some problems.
I was unable to get messages.properties files to work. Already check the Forum and Zimlets Whitepaper, but still no luck.
So for now everything is hardcoded in English.
2) SMS encoding:
For some reason the SMS Messages do not arrive correctly in the Zimlets JSP. I can watch the correctly URL encoded message with LiveHttp Headers in FF or with wireshark. For some reason German and French Umlauts do not arrive in the JSP. Even when i try to log what the paramter like:
Umlauts like öäü are just displayed as ???. Is there an issue with jetty?
smsMsg = request.getParameter("msg");
zimletLog.debug("Param smsMsg: " + smsMsg);
3)Disabling of SMS Menu does not work
in ZmZimletBase.js does nothing
Was also unable to make
Any help is welcome!
I added zimlet zip file. config_template.xml should be commented enough to get it working.
Have fun, Christof.
Umlaut problem solved ->Update
Forget the previous posts about the solution. I was trapped by the LANG variable of the zimbra user. I was testing with a deploy script that does ssh -c "zmmailboxdctl restart" after installing the zimlet. So with this ssh command the LANG variable was set to en_US.UTF-8. But when logging on the zimbra server it was C. That caused a lot of confusion to me and lead me to a solution that was in fact none.
So the only simple solution is to change die LANG variable of the zimbra user to use UTF-8 encoding:
Change the LANG variable in /opt/zimbra/.bash_profile to en_US.UTF-8