Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet (new)

chlauber is offline Senior Member

Default Upgrading ZCS 5.10 to 5.11

Hi all
    The ch_bnc_asterisk zimlet works also in ZCS 5.11, but you need to be aware of some things while upgrading to ZCS 5.11

1) You need to reinstall the zimlet after upgrading from ZCS 5.10 -> 5.11.
    Code:
    zmzimletctl install zimlets/ch_bnc_asterisk.zip
    The reason is that the zimlets jar library is not deployed otherwise. Seems that the jar gets purged during upgrade.

2) If you have problems with special characters in SMS you may need to edit the LANG variable of the zimbra user. Edit .bash_profile of the zimbra user:
    Code:
    # set because of umlaut problem with sms
    export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    3) Restart mailboxd
    Code:
    zmmailboxdctl restart

uxbod is offline Moderator

Any ideas why the call is not being handed off ?
    Code:
    2008-12-07 09:40:06,541 INFO  [btpool0-0] [] zimlet - ch_bnc_asterisk caller: 1001 callee 01604xxxxxx
    2008-12-07 09:40:06,541 INFO  [btpool0-0] [] ManagerConnectionImpl - Connecting to sip.xxxxxx.net:5038
    2008-12-07 09:40:06,774 INFO  [Asterisk-Java ManagerConnection-6-Reader-0] [] ManagerConnectionImpl - Connected via Asterisk Call Manager/1.0
    2008-12-07 09:40:06,795 INFO  [btpool0-0] [] ManagerConnectionImpl - Successfully logged in
    2008-12-07 09:40:06,832 INFO  [btpool0-0] [] ManagerConnectionImpl - Determined Asterisk version: Asterisk 1.0
    2008-12-07 09:40:06,832 INFO  [btpool0-0] [] zimlet - Logged in asterisk manager.
    2008-12-07 09:40:06,839 INFO  [btpool0-0] [] ManagerConnectionImpl - Closing socket.
    2008-12-07 09:40:06,840 INFO  [Asterisk-Java ManagerConnection-6-Reader-0] [] ManagerReaderImpl - Terminating reader thread: No more lines available: Scanner closed
    and on the Asterisk side I get
    Code:
    Connected to Asterisk 1.4.22-rc5 currently running on sip (pid = 7783)
    Verbosity was 3 and is now 6
      == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf': Found
      == Manager 'zimbra' logged on from 192.168.1.100
      == Manager 'zimbra' logged off from 192.168.1.100
    sip*CLI>

Default Asterisk version detection

Hi uxbod
    The asterisk-java library does some fancy detection of the asterisk version. But it needs command privilege to do this. So for now it thinks your asterisk is version 1.0:

Code:
    [btpool0-0] [] ManagerConnectionImpl - Determined Asterisk version: Asterisk 1.0
    BTW i would expect it to work even when it thinks its asterisk 1.0. But its wroth a trial. So add command privilege to your asterisk user:
    Code:
    [zimbra]
    write           = call,command
    To get more usful information please set zimlet log level to "DEBUG". Add the following line to /opt/zimbra/conf/log4j.properties.in:

Code:
    log4j.logger.zimbra.zimlet=DEBUG
    Restart mailboxd. Then you can get back to the forum with more log information. Thanks!

Thanks, will have a go later. This is really good work. It would be nice in the future if your Asterisk code could be integrated with the Voicemail zimlet

Default voicemail zimlet?

Hmm i did not know that there is a Voicemail zimlet. You do not mean the MWI Zimlet, do you?
    The problem is that its not possible to get Voicemail media files through AMI... So additional scripts are needed to be run on the Asterisk server that provide the files somehow. As long its just checking for new Voicemail it would not be a problem. This can be done through AMI. Our solution to send the Voicemails to ZCS using email. So after asterisk sent the Voicemail using smtp there not much sense for MWI...
    But if you can send me a link to this zimlet i'll have a look on it. Some inspiration is always a good thing

mike.little is offline Starter Member

Default Issue installing Zimlet

I am getting the following message when I try to configigure the Zimlet. I am running the network version 5.0.11. I have also restarted Zimbra in hopes that would solve the issue but no luck.

Thanks

zmzimletctl configure /tmp/ch_bnc_asterisk_config.xml
    [] INFO: Configure zimlet on t5matemail.cosacinco.corp
    [] ERROR: Error
    com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: system failure: cannot configure
    ExceptionId:btpool0-8:1229094402141:9102fc94d72b9227
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(So ap12Protocol.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyEl ement(SoapTransport.java:263)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResp onse(SoapTransport.java:224)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:261)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:216)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTr ansport.java:315)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTr ansport.java:279)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.soa pConfigureZimlet(ZimletUtil.java:1306)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.con figureZimletOnServer(ZimletUtil.java:1290)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.con figureZimlet(ZimletUtil.java:1173)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.dispatch(ZimletUti l.java:1562)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.main(ZimletUtil.ja va:1606)

hi mike
    Hmm looks like there is a problem even before its reaching the zimelt's code. Are you sure the zimelts config xml ch_bnc_asterisk_config.xml is valid xml syntax or may there have been a typo?
    What does /opt/zimbra/logs/mailboxd.log say?
    Was it possible to run zmzimletctl configure for other zimlets than ch_bnc_asterisk?

And as usual for debugging, please set the zimlet log level to "DEBUG". Add the following line to /opt/zimbra/conf/log4j.properties.in:

Code:
    log4j.logger.zimbra.zimlet=DEBUG
    Restart mailboxd and look in /opt/zimbra/logs/mailboxd.log. Then post errors shown in mailboxd.log.
    Thanks.

mike.little is offline Starter Member

Smile resolved

Thanks for the advice. It appears even though I ran the install zimlet command it did not install. I went into the admin gui and installed it from there and then was able to configure.

Default Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet Project Site

I created a project web site for the Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet.
    BNC Business Network Communications AG - Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet
    The download of the package and the sourcecode is now hosted on sourceforge:
    SourceForge.net: Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet
    So please check there for new versions. Nevertheless i will keep answering questions or requests in this forum.

chlauber, thanks for your help adding those entries for AMI worked a treat This is a excellent piece of development. Well done and thank you

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information