Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet (new)

sikander is offline Intermediate Member

Default sip dialing,

Thank you for your quick response,

I am going to search that zimlet and then i will deploy it. When i do url based debug i am getting this error.

http://192.168.50.68/service/zimlet/...333&debug=true

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /service/zimlet/com_zimbra_asterisk/asterisk.jsp. Reason:
    /com_zimbra_asterisk/asterisk.jsp(19,48) PWC6117: File "/WEB INF/zimbra.tld" not found.

but this zimbra.tld file is already existing there. I am not good at coding how can i resolve this issue.

Thanks

chlauber is offline Senior Member

Default Changes in ZCS 6.0.x

Hi All,

There are more changes in ZCS 6.0.x Zimlet API than i expected. Especially things in term of Zimlet's JSP handling have changed - So there is currently no chance to get any version of the ch_bnc_asterisk running with ZCS 6. I am working on a new version which is ZCS 6.0.x compatible. I hope to have it working soon...

Regards,
    Christof

Quote Originally Posted by sikander View Post
    Hi All,

I have installed ch_bnc_asterisk_0.65.zip and ch_bnc_asterisk_0.62.zip with zimbra 6.0.1. My asterisk server 1.6.1 is working fine i have tested with the x-lite soft phone, my ch_bnc_asterisk installation also goes fine does not return any error but whenever i dial the extension number from my zimbra zimlet it gives me error pbx integration error. I have followed the link given below. set the debug level to max also. But unable to identify the problem.

Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet - BNC Business Network Communications AG

Am i missing something or doing some thing wrong.

Thanks,
    Sikander

Quote Originally Posted by chlauber View Post
    Hi All,

There are more changes in ZCS 6.0.x Zimlet API than i expected. Especially things in term of Zimlet's JSP handling have changed - So there is currently no chance to get any version of the ch_bnc_asterisk running with ZCS 6. I am working on a new version which is ZCS 6.0.x compatible. I hope to have it working soon...

Regards,
    Christof
    Hello Christof,

Thanks for your reply and providing useful information, I think you are very sure about it.
    I have already wasted my a lot of time to work with asterisk integration with zimbra zimlet. Now i am going to download zimbra old version 5.0.18 and try to integrate with this zimlet ch_bnc_asterisk_0.62.zip. I hope this will work.
    Does anybody already integrated asterisk 1.6.1 with ch_bnc_asterisk, then please share some knowledge.

Thanks,
    Sikander

gracedman is offline Special Member

I'm using Zimbra 5.0.18 adn Asterisk 1.6.1.6. It's working fine. I simply followed the instructions and changed the Regex as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Let's see if I can dig out something from our internal documentation and properly expunge it:

There are several Zimlets for use with Asterisk. There is a Voicemail zimlet which will do MWI but, since we are storing voice mails in Zimbra, this is unnecessary. There is another for dialing from within contacts and emails included in experimental but this seems to be superseded by the zimlet at Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet - BNC Business Network Communications AG. This zimlet uses the Asterisk Manager interface.

We will need a cert directory owned by astuser for the next several steps:
    mkdir /var/lib/asterisk/certs

To secure communications with the Asterisk Manager, we will need a key and cert for TLS encryption. Issue a PKCS#12 package as per the PKCS#12 procedures for a WebServer PKCS#12 package with DN=cn=pbx.mycompany.biz,ou=MediaServers,dc=mycompa ny,dc=biz using the medium security password and operators@mycompany.biz for the email address. Add a SubjAltName of pbx and IP addresses of 172.x.y.8 and 208.a.b.14. We will need to edit the request to add the second IP address.
    Download the PKCS#12 file to the configurating computer, extract and test the key and cert:
    openssl pkcs12 -in <serial number>_pbx.p12 -out pbxk.pem -nocerts -nodes
    openssl pkcs12 -in <serial number>_pbx.p12 -out pbxc.pem -clcerts -nokeys
    openssl rsa -in pbxk.pem
    openssl x509 -in pbx0c.pem
    Copy the files to PBX:
    scp -P 822 pbx?.pem root@pbx:/var/lib/asterisk/certs
    Strangely, Asterisk requires the key and cert together in a concatenated file. So SSH as root to PBX and do:
    cd /var/lib/asterisk/certs
    cat pbx?.pem >> astcert.pem
    chmod 600 *
    cd ..
    chmod 700 certs
    chown -R astuser:astuser certs

To set up the manager interface, edit /etc/asterisk/manager.conf to have the following settings:

[general]
    enabled = yes
    ;port = 5038
    ;bindaddr = 172.x.y.8
    sslenable=yes ; set to YES to enable it
    sslbindport=5038 ; the port to bind to
    sslbindaddr=172.x.y.8 ; address to bind to, default to bindaddr
    sslcert=/var/lib/asterisk/certs/astcert.pem ; path to the certificate.

[zimbraman]
    secret = <Medium Security Password>
    deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
    permit=172.x.y.72/255.255.255.255
    write = call,command,originate

Open an asterisk console (asterisk -rc) and reload the manager (manager reload).

We next install and configure the Zimlet. SSH as root to Zimbra and do the following:
    mkdir /download/zimlets
    cd /download/zimlets
    wget Download Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet from SourceForge.net
    The regular expression match to find phone numbers is faulty in the zimlet. We need to unpack it and change it as follows:
    mkdir asterisk
    cp ch_bnc_asterisk_0.65.zip asterisk/
    cd asterisk
    unzip *.zip
    edit ch_bnc_asterisk.xml by changing the matchON parameter regular expression to (single line):
    (?:\s|^)(?:\+\d{1,3}(?:\s|\.|\-|\,)?)?(?:\(\d{1,4}\))?\s?\d{1,11}(?:(?:\-|\.|\,|\s)\d{1,10}){0,3}\s?$
    rm *.zip
    rm *~
    zip ch_bnc_asterisk_0.65mod.zip *
    mv ch_bnc_asterisk_0.65mod.zip ../
    cd ..
    rm -Rf asterisk
    su - zimbra
    cd zimlets
    cp /download/zimlets/ch_bnc_asterisk_0.65mod.zip ch_bnc_asterisk.zip
    zmzimletctl deploy ch_bnc_asterisk.zip
    zmzimletctl getConfigTemplate ch_bnc_asterisk.zip > ch_bnc_asterisk_config.xml
    Edit ch_bnc_asterisk_config.xml to set the following parameters:
    <host name="zimbra.mycompany.biz">
    <property name="astManagerIp">pbx.mycompany.biz</property>
    <property name="astManagerPort">5038</property>
    <property name="astManagerUser">zastmanager</property>
    <property name="astManagerSecret">Medium Security Passphrase</property>
    <property name="astDialContext"></property> <!-- Must be blank to allow user specific contexts -->
    <property name="srcPhonePrefix"></property>
    <property name="iddPrefix">011</property>

<global>
    <property name="enableSMS">false</property>
    <property name="phonebookBaseUrl"></property>

zmzimletctl configure ch_bnc_asterisk_config.xml
    zmmailboxdctl restart

From the Zimbra management console, disable the com_zimbra_phone zimlet.

Obviously, this is very specific to our environment and has been fudged to remove any sensitive information. Hopefully it gives you enough to get going. Good luck - John
    www.spiritualoutreach.com
    Making Christianity intelligible to secular society

chlauber is offline Senior Member

Oh for ZCS 5.0.x you should be able to savely use ch_bnc_asterisk 0.65.

Hello Gracedman,

Thanks for your detail reply. I have followed above procedure and i am happy to see at least something is happening . Now from zimbra asterisk zimlet when i dail any extension it gives me message first connecting to 4568 then another pop up message appears saying call successfully established from to 4568. but after this nothing happens if i check my asterisk log i am getting this message given below.

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5

If i check my zimbra log then getting this message.
    /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

2009-10-29 09:15:24,251 INFO [btpool0-8] [name=sikander@mail.com;mid=3; ip=192.168.50.180;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Win)/5.0.18_GA_3011.RHEL5;] soap - NoOpRequest

If i dial any extension using my x-lite soft phone it is completely working OK.

Is there any other place where i can check the logs to resolve this problem. Am i going to the right track?

Thanks
    Sikander

gracedman is offline Special Member

I'm afraid this is not an area of great expertise for me and I'm a bit brain dead right now and heading for a nap. So, just a couple of general statements.

The way I see it work is, it first dials my extension and then the extension I am calling. Have you configured the preferences with the appropriate information? Is your connection to the manage working? Just a few thoughts before the last of my brain cells flicker out - John
    www.spiritualoutreach.com
    Making Christianity intelligible to secular society

uxbod is offline Moderator

Log onto your Asterisk server and check /var/log/asterisk/messages when you initiate a call. It is possible Asterisk is not handling it correctly.

Lightbulb Difference

Hi All,

I am very thankful to your answers.

I am back on asterisk server integration task again , between this i was busy in some other task of zimbra related to backup. Does any one know the difference between the pbx integration whose package is ch_bnc_asterisk_0.65.zip. There is another zimlet we can use for asterisk integration is com_zimbra_asterisk which is present in zimlets_experimental by default.

Which one is best to you use for asterisk server integration and what is the
    difference between these two zimlets.

Thanks,
    Sikander

momelod is offline Starter Member

Greetings,

I am currently using Zimbra (Release 6.0.3_GA_1915.DEBIAN5 DEBIAN5 FOSS edition.) and asterisk (Asterisk 1.4.26.3) and would like to integrate the two together. I would happily beta test the next release candidate.

**UPDATE**: got it working by following the suggestions in this post: Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet for ZCS 6
    Last edited by momelod; 12-11-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information