Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Asterisk PBX Integration Zimlet (new)

batfastad is offline Elite Member

Hi everyone

I'm planning a migration of about 15 users to Zimbra 6 NE once it's released (hopefully pretty soon!)
    I'm also looking into replacing our old digital PBX with some sort of Asterisk setup... I have an AsteriskNow test server up and running with softphones at the moment. I want to get more of an idea of what's possible with Zimbra-Asterisk integration.

Does this zimlet link with the XMPP/Jabber presence that a user sets in the AJAX UI, to provide the SIP presence? That would be seriously cool if something like that existed!

What does this zimlet actually do? Link phone numbers so it fires up your softphone when you click?

Thanks, B

uxbod is offline Moderator

If the Zimlet identifies a number, then based on the configuration when you click on it it will bridge a call from the * server to the configured extension. It is very sweet indeed. With respect to Jabber then that is something you would need to configure between * and the ZCS Jive server. I shall be trying that very soon

batfastad is offline Elite Member

Wow sweet, so it fires up whatever app through a sip: url handler or something, and dials the outgoing number through your * server. Pretty cool.

It would also be brilliant to have * auth against Zimbra with LDAP or something. So you could have a single sign-on between your SIP account and Zimbra account. That's clearly on the Asterisk side of things though.

Thanks for the info, B

mlanner is offline Special Member

Default Config file

Hi,

This seems like a great Zimlet. I've installed it according to the instructions, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to the config.xml file. What do I need to edit in the config file? Is there anything more than this section that needs to be edited:

Code:
    <host name="zimbra.bnc.ch">
        <property name="astManagerIp">asterisk.be.bnc.ch</property>
        <property name="astManagerPort">5038</property>
        <property name="astManagerUser">zimbra</property>
        <property name="astManagerSecret">test1234</property>
    And, can I use any user for the "astManagerUser" and "astManagerSecret"?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds /// Martin

nciriaco is offline Intermediate Member

Default And now with the OPEN SOURCE version

Hi all!
    Ive upgraded to 5.0.16 of ZCS Open Source and Im getting this errors when trying to zmzimletctl configure /tmp/config_template.xml

[] INFO: Configure zimlet on cixa.dlinkddns.com
    [] ERROR: Error
    com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: system failure: cannot configure
    ExceptionId:btpool0-4:1241738003347:3859cb1ad316b4e2
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(So ap12Protocol.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyEl ement(SoapTransport.java:263)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResp onse(SoapTransport.java:224)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:277)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:226)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTr ansport.java:315)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTr ansport.java:279)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.soa pConfigureZimlet(ZimletUtil.java:1341)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.con figureZimletOnServer(ZimletUtil.java:1325)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.con figureZimlet(ZimletUtil.java:1208)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.dispatch(ZimletUti l.java:1597)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.main(ZimletUtil.ja va:1641)

Any ideas??!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pmx View Post
    Sorry, was a bit quick here I guess. The error went away after upgrading to 5.0.11 and it is now working fine

chlauber is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mlanner View Post
    Hi,

This seems like a great Zimlet. I've installed it according to the instructions, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to the config.xml file. What do I need to edit in the config file? Is there anything more than this section that needs to be edited:

Code:
    And, can I use any user for the "astManagerUser" and "astManagerSecret"?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds /// Martin
    Hi Martin
    Yes there are a lot of options to keep the zimlet flexible. The price is that config gets big. Actually you found the important part :-)

The hostname of your zimbra server. You could move the properties to the <global> section if the settings will be the same for all zimbra servers.(which is normally the case if you have one zimbra server)

IP of your asterisk server. (or AMI Proxy)

Does not change normally

This is the user that must be configured in asterisk's manager.conf . It needs at least "call, command" priviledges (for asterisk 1.4).

Secret for the above user (cleartext)

hope this helps

btk
    btk is offline New Member

Default Is not working for me...

Hello, I followed the procedure.
    The zimlet is available, but whatever I try with it I got in mailbox.log and of course the hostname is filled with our PBX hostname Thank you:

Code:
     2009-05-29 16:43:01,628 ERROR [btpool0-8] [] log - Nested in org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
            at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(InetSocketAddress.java:121)
            at org.asteriskjava.util.internal.SocketConnectionFacadeImpl.<init>(SocketConnectionFacadeImpl.java:77)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.createSocket(ManagerConnectionImpl.java:715)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.connect(ManagerConnectionImpl.java:694)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.doLogin(ManagerConnectionImpl.java:477)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.login(ManagerConnectionImpl.java:425)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.DefaultManagerConnection.login(DefaultManagerConnection.java:272)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp.amiLogin(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:237)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp.sendAction(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:332)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp.info(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:484)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp.handleRequest(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:639)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:739)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:93)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:373)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:477)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:371)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFilter.doFilter(ZimletFilter.java:204)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:716)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:406)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:350)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    2009-05-29 16:43:01,630 ERROR [btpool0-8] [] log - /service/zimlet/ch_bnc_asterisk/asterisk.jsp
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null
            at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(InetSocketAddress.java:121)
            at org.asteriskjava.util.internal.SocketConnectionFacadeImpl.<init>(SocketConnectionFacadeImpl.java:77)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.createSocket(ManagerConnectionImpl.java:715)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.connect(ManagerConnectionImpl.java:694)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.doLogin(ManagerConnectionImpl.java:477)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.login(ManagerConnectionImpl.java:425)
            at org.asteriskjava.manager.DefaultManagerConnection.login(DefaultManagerConnection.java:272)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp.amiLogin(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:237)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp.sendAction(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:332)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp.info(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:484)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp.handleRequest(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:639)
            at org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.zimlet.ch_005fbnc_005fasterisk.asterisk_jsp:739)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:93)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:373)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:477)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:371)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFilter.doFilter(ZimletFilter.java:204)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:716)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:406)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:350)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

kumarullal is offline New Member

Default Installed but not working

Hi chlauber,
    I installed the latest ch_bnc_asterisk_0.65.zip zimlet from the website.
    I changed the name to ch_bnc_asterisk.zip.
    The installation went well according to your instructions. However, it was not showing up on the Administrator UI. Then I installed using the web UI. Then it showed up. When I logged in as a normal user, I could see the Zimlet "Asterisk Integration". When I right click on it I get 4 options, "Dial number", SHow Info:, Send SMS" and "Preferences".
    In the preference section, Telephone extension, I select my extension 1000
    In Telephone context I inserted from-internal
    Nothing happens.
    What is wrong?

Here is what I did,
    In my /etc/asterisk/manager.conf, I added

[zimbra]
    secret = test1234
    deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
    permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
    permit=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    permit=192.168.55.0/255.255.255.0
    read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
    write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

The file /tmp/ch_bnc_asterisk_config.xml
    This is what I have changed.

<host name="asterisk1.local">
    <property name="astManagerIp">192.168.1.30</property>
    <!--

That is all I changed, rest all I left it as default.

What Am I doing wrong.

When I try to dial out form zimbra,
    This is the error I am getting.

PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 677 in the jsp file: /zimlet/ch_bnc_asterisk/asterisk.jsp
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
    responseObj cannot be resolved

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jav acError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:107)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacEr ror(ErrorDispatcher.java:280)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass( Compiler.java:347)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compil er.java:400)
    at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(Js pCompilationContext.java:592)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:344)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:477)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:371)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFilter.doFilter(ZimletF ilter.java:202)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:132)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:360)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:205)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

Please help,
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kumarullal; 07-01-2009 at 05:56 PM.

chlauber is offline Senior Member

Default <property name="astManagerIp">asterisk.be.bnc.ch</property>

Hi btk
    are you sure that there is a correct
    Code:
    property in yout config?
    The best is to take the default config and just adapt the properties you need.

jensdanne is offline Starter Member

Unhappy asterisk.jsp error

I tries to dial out, then I get an empty Box (in Zimbra) and the follwoing can be found in the log file:

2009-07-02 12:01:27,113 WARN [btpool0-19] [] log - /service/zimlet/ch_bnc_asterisk/asterisk.jsp
    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP

PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 35 in the jsp file: /zimlet/ch_bnc_asterisk/asterisk.jsp
    Mailbox.OperationContext cannot be resolved to a type

PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 35 in the jsp file: /zimlet/ch_bnc_asterisk/asterisk.jsp
    Mailbox.OperationContext cannot be resolved to a type

Flag.FLAG_IS_MESSAGE_ONLY cannot be resolved

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jav acError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:123)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacEr ror(ErrorDispatcher.java:296)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass( Compiler.java:376)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compil er.java:437)
    at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(Js pCompilationContext.java:608)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:360)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:486)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:380)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:502)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
    at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFilter.doFilter(ZimletF ilter.java:201)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1139)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:129)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:378)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:417)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:534)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:879)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:747)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:404)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information