Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfresco Zimlet (Beta)

yyovkov Guest

Hi Paolo,

For saving files to Alfresco I am using another plugin "SaveToAlfresco" which has some more advantages than this right now.
    Unfortunately I am not a developer and I am not sure I can help here, but if you are so kind to provide me "step by step" deskription of crash I will try to solve it.

Regards,
    Yovko Yovkov

Paolo is offline Member

I was more interested in this project because it offers two ways of communication: save attachments from a message to alfresco and add attachments from alfresco to a new message.
    If I understood well "SaveToAlfresco" offers only one way of communication (attachments -> alfresco).

The problem is really simple:
    - I've installed the zimlet and the webscript zip following the instructions on the official pdf.
    - I click with the right mouse button on the zimlet and I select "preferences"
    - I add: alfresco.mydomain.org, my username and my password (I've tried also with admin)
    - I click on about and it displays:
    Alfresco server: alfresco.mydomain.org
    Server Version 3.0.0 (b 1164)
    Server Edition Labs
    User Id myuserid
    User Name myusername

- At this point the zimlet should communicate correctly with the server. So I open a message with an attachment, I click on "save to alfresco", it displays a new window, I add a title, a description and in the last field I type ~ and I select a folder that appear in a list that I've created before from alfresco (the final result is: /Alfresco Home/User Homes/Paolo/home).
    - I click on OK and immediately after I receive this error message: "Upload to Alfresco failed".

If I try the other way (from alfresco to a new message):
    - I create a new message
    - I click on add attachments and then "Alfresco Documents"
    - i can see the tree of my home folder, included a file uploaded before directly from alfresco.
    - I select that file and I get a windows with some details of the file (name. path, actions)
    - I click on Ok and after on Attach.
    - The window displays an "load image" with the message: Please wait while your documents are being attached
    - At this point the message doesn't change until I click on "cancel" also if I wait several minutes.

Probably I've skip some passages or I didn't set some permissions on alfresco but I really cannot find a solution.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Paolo

yyovkov Guest

Hi Paolo,

following the steps you are describing, I can not reproduce your error. I found that the plugin works for me in both - saving and attaching files to messages. Which makes me feel that there is something incompatible with your alfresco settings, or probably this is incompatible with zimbra settings. Which version of zimbra you are using?

Also - how big is the attachements you are trying to save?

Another question may be if the resolving from zimbra host for alfresco host is correct.

Can you also check if there are any error messages in "/opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log" while you are trying to attach/save files to alfresco.

Another question: Did you restart alfresco afrer you install the webscripts?

Regards,
    Yovko Yovkov

yyovkov Guest

To yqu:

Did you think to implement alfresco directory structure browser while saving attachments from emails to alfresco?

yqu
    yqu is offline Project Contributor

Default how to get the menu right-click working?

Hi, yyovkov

Thank you for helping debugging the zimlet. For some reason, I didn't get email notification regards to the post updates.

1) what you fixed to get the menu right-click working ? I didn't see the instruction.

2) I will add the fix for for each. Not sure why it works on my instance.

3) I will add the fix for the UTF/white space file name.

4) I will look at the space browser when saving document to alfresco. it should not be too hard. So you think auto-complete is no good? or we just need two options.

Thanks!

Yong

yyovkov Guest

Hi Paolo,
    as I wrote a lot of messages, the instructions are on the previos page, but I will post them again with some comments:

> 1) what you fixed to get the menu right-click working ? I didn't see the instruction.

All the changes are made in file "org_alfresco_zimbra.js":

1. Correct syntax error
    on line 453, change from
    --- begin ---
    for each (var mimeType in AlfMimeTable.list ) {
    --- end ---
    to
    --- begin ---
    for (var mimeType in AlfMimeTable.list ) {
    --- end ---

2. In order for the script to be able to deal with proxy, I am allowin the proxy for all installed domains. This is made by next command:
    --- begin ---
    $ zmprov mc default zimbraProxyAllowedDomains "*"
    --- end ---

3. Solving the problem with attaching the files with unicode filenames and with white space in the filenames.
    As I try to attach the file with "generated" url, when the url has white space in it or other characters that java can not parse natively, the attachmant is not able to proceed. Fortunately the developer present how to deal with shortLinks. So I am using shortLink to the file during the procedure of attaching file to email. I add another variable "document.ssrc" which is always in java native codepage:
    On line 331 add next line"
    --- begin ---
    document.ssrc = "http://"+this.getAlfUrl()+nodes[i].data.shortlink+"?ticket="+this.getTicket();
    --- end ---
    and on line 399 add:
    --- begin ---
    var src = doc.ssrc;
    --- end ---
    then on line 406 change from:
    --- begin ---
    AjxStringUtil.urlComponentEncode (src) +
    --- end ---
    to
    --- begin ---
    AjxStringUtil.urlComponentEncode (ssrc) +
    --- end ---

That is all.

> 2) I will add the fix for for each. Not sure why it works on my instance.
    Probably this is an private case :-). Whatever, the Open Source is a good, as many people can help you to find what you can not see otherwise :-).

> 3) I will add the fix for the UTF/white space file name.
    This would be great. I think there should be more elegant way to implement, but I am not a developer, so I can do only "dirty hacks". I hope you will clean the code of my wilederness.

> 4) I will look at the space browser when saving document to alfresco. it should not be too hard. So you think auto-complete is no good? or we just need two options.
    I think this will be very helpfull for non-geek users. The plugin will be more usable.

Regards,
    Yovko Yovkov

yqu

Default Alfresco Zimlet Beta (with a few fixes)

1) Fixed "for each" bug.
    2) Fixed issues for filename with whitespace or UTF-8 characters.
    3) Fixed ticket parsing issue with IE.
    4) Added support for Alfresco 3.0.
    5) Updated installation guide to include command for enabling proxy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

yyovkov Guest

Hi yqu,

I have just tested your new plugin release, but it seem it still does not work. I did not check the code yet. Could you please try to revise it?

The issues I have are two now:
    1. Problem with attachements with unicode and whitespace in the name.
    2. It is still needed command:
    $ zmprov mc default zimbraProxyAllowedDomains "*"
    to be issued in order the plugin to work correctly.

Regards,
    Yovko Yovkov

yyovkov Guest

Hi again,

I just check what is happen in the plugin, the issue with filenames is solving as you replace the line 331:
    --- vegin ---
    document.src = "http://"+this.getAlfUrl()+nodes[i].data.src+"?ticket="+this.getTicket();
    --- end ---
    with
    --- begin ---
    document.src = "http://"+this.getAlfUrl()+nodes[i].data.shortlink+"?ticket="+this.getTicket();
    --- end ---

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Yovko Yovkov

yqu

Hi,

The fix for the filename issue is in Webscript. Your fix only handles the attachment part not the other way around.

can you make sure the webscripts have been updated?

1) Log into Alfresco and go to

Data Dicitionary -> Web Script Extensions

2) Deleted zimlets space and reimport the web script zip file. and then either refresh the webscripts or restart Alfresco.

If it still fails, let me know your filenames. I tested with filenames with space and with chinese characters. Both case work.

As for the enabling proxy part, it is required and I have updated the installation guide document.

Thanks!

Yong

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information