Thread: Deploying Zimlets

darwinian is offline New Member

Default Deploying Zimlets

I have a problem deploying zimlets in Zimbra Beta 2. I tried deploying using zimlet deploy but the zimlet functionality doesn't show up when I log back in on Zimbra. I then tried to disable the Zimlet called com_zimbra_phone and also removed it from the default COS. Logging back in, the phone zimlet was not disabled either; even though the zimlet listZimlets command showed that my zimlets were deployed and com_zimbra_phone was both disabled and not in the default COS. I also tried restarting the server, but to no effect.
    I searched the forums for a similar problem but came up empty.
    Does anyone know what might be wrong?
    Thanks

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I can't help with your specific problem but you do realise that the GA version of Zimbra is available. Have you tried running your zimlets against that version?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I just installed the 3.0 release. It still seems to have the same problem. Using listZimlets I've disabled the phone zimlet... but it's still active. And my custom zimlets dont' seem to be.

marcmac is offline Expert Member

Is your zimlet a phone zimlet? (Meaning, does it grab the same regular expression?)

The "com_zimbra_phone" zimlet was one of the first mashups we did, and predates the zimlet framework - so removing it isn't really clean, and getting something else to take over that regexp doesn't really work. We're working on getting this fixed in ongoing releases.

One way to make sure your zimlet deploys is to include a panel item with it - that way you get immediate visual confirmation that it's loaded, and a way to directly access all of the functions (make them menu options).

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Also the zimlet tool had a few issues in Beta 2. Upgrade to GA if you can.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Thanks for your help. I managed to include new zimlets on the side panel, and had not much difficulty removing existing ones from the panel either.
    I still have not been able to remove the phone zimlet... it could very well be what you mentioned, that it's simply difficult to remove.
    Updating and restarting the server seems to have done the trick. Thanks again.

Yes at the moment phone, url, tracking, email, and date/calendar are not full zimlets so can't be removed. We will have this fixed for a future release.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

concept is offline Intermediate Member

Default We need to disable of the phone zimlet too

Hello. We need to disable the phone zimlet as well. We already have a click to dial setup that works with the browser to dial the number by passing a command to the PBX and making the user's phone start dialing out. It doesn't work with zimbra because all the numbers have already been converted to callto: tags using a slightly different format. There may be another way to get that working, but turning it off would be the easiest for me. Thank you.

At this time the phone zimlet is hard coded. So it can't be removed completely. In a future release we'll have it converted to a full-fledged zimlet that can be undeployed.

Thread Information