Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] zimlet to save email in a txt file

mjp
    mjp is offline Active Member

That's great! One thing though,
    I suppose saving from a shared folder is still not possible? Are there plans to implement that anytime soon?

best regards
    m

tdesorbaix is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That's great! One thing though,
    I suppose saving from a shared folder is still not possible? Are there plans to implement that anytime soon?

best regards
    m
    The save of a message from a shared folder should work with the actual version.
    Last edited by tdesorbaix; 10-01-2010 at 01:27 AM.

dkbk is offline Senior Member

Would this new version be compatible with ZD1 or ZD2 beta ?

Quote Originally Posted by dkbk View Post
    Would this new version be compatible with ZD1 or ZD2 beta ?
    It wont be compatible with ZD1 because the zimlet use ZCS 6 jars.
    I'm not sure if those jars are the same in the ZD1.

For the ZD2 I don't know yet. But you probably have to change the installation instructions.

Default version 1.1 out

The version 1.1 is out with a few bug fixes.

Robin is offline Active Member

Is it possible to get this to work to Zimbra Desktop?
    I tried installing it, but when moving a e-mail to the Zimlet I get:

Code:
    HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /service/zimlet/starxpert_save/save.jsp. Reason:

PWC6033: Unable to compile class for JSP

PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
    Only a type can be imported. com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.AccountBy resolves to a package

---- AND A LOT MORE OF THAT KIND OF ERROR. ----

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:123)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:296)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:376)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:437)
    	at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:608)
    	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:360)
    	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:486)
    	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:380)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:390)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:330)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:126)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletResources.service(ZimletResources.java:95)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFilter.doFilter(ZimletFilter.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:924)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:547)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
    	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:413)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    Guess it's not made for Zimbra Desktop but it would be nice to get it to work!
    Have a lot of users requesting that function.

EDIT: Another question: I've got it to work in ZCS in the webclient, but isn't it possible to get the filename named by default to the same thing as the same thing as the Subject when just drag-and-dropping one mail?

EDIT 2: There seem to be a limit of maximum 5 mails in drag-and-drop (in Chrome). If I choose 6 or more, I get a HTTP error OR an unexpected end of the zip file when I try opening it. The same goes for IE, but if it's more than 4 mails = fails.
    Any fix for this?
    Last edited by Robin; 01-13-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Is it possible to get this to work to Zimbra Desktop?
    The answer for now is unfortunately no.
    There seems to be some problems with the AuthToken used in the zimlet when using zimbra desktop.

I've got it to work in ZCS in the webclient, but isn't it possible to get the filename named by default to the same thing as the same thing as the Subject when just drag-and-dropping one mail?
    I don't understand the question.
    The file representing the mail (the .txt or .html file) was always named after the subject.

There seem to be a limit of maximum 5 mails in drag-and-drop (in Chrome). If I choose 6 or more, I get a HTTP error OR an unexpected end of the zip file when I try opening it. The same goes for IE, but if it's more than 4 mails = fails.
    Any fix for this?
    It works perfectly for me with chrome or IE even with more than 50 mails in drag-and-drop.
    Do you have more infos on this?

Quote Originally Posted by tdesorbaix View Post
    The answer for now is unfortunately no.
    There seems to be some problems with the AuthToken used in the zimlet when using zimbra desktop.
    That's really to bad! Was hoping for a solution. Maybe it can be fixed in a near future?
    I don't understand the question.
    The file representing the mail (the .txt or .html file) was always named after the subject.
    Yeah, the filenames yes, but not the zip? I know it can not be done when saving multiple files, but if it's just one? The name of the saved file is always just "Messages.zip". Doesn't matter if it's 10 mails or just one.

It works perfectly for me with chrome or IE even with more than 50 mails in drag-and-drop.
    Do you have more infos on this?
    Hmm it doesn't work for me. Haven't tried any other user. But I tried both at the work computer and my home computer, and it went a little better at my home computer.
    It seems to be working just saving the mails... but if one or more has an attachment, it just works with like 5-6.
    Don't know what to look for to get you guys some more info...

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    That's really to bad! Was hoping for a solution. Maybe it can be fixed in a near future?
    As usual, If I have time to work on it.

Yeah, the filenames yes, but not the zip? I know it can not be done when saving multiple files, but if it's just one? The name of the saved file is always just "Messages.zip". Doesn't matter if it's 10 mails or just one.
    It can be done technically but the zip file does not represent the mail(s)(even if there is only one mail), so I think it is normal that the zip file does not have the same name as the txt/html file.

Hmm it doesn't work for me. Haven't tried any other user. But I tried both at the work computer and my home computer, and it went a little better at my home computer.
    It seems to be working just saving the mails... but if one or more has an attachment, it just works with like 5-6.
    Don't know what to look for to get you guys some more info...
    To start, do you have the last version of the zimlet installed?
    After that, you can look at the server logs to see the error returned by the save.jsp page.

Yes I have the latest.

This is the error in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log.
    Code:
    2011-01-17 12:40:25,997 ERROR [btpool0-834://xx.xxx.se:8080/service/zimlet/starxpert_save/save.jsp?id=1363,1361,1352,1349,1348,1347,1320,1319,1318,1311&type=ZmMailMsg,ZmMailMsg,ZmMailMsg,ZmMailMsg,ZmMailMsg,ZmMailMsg,ZmMailMsg,ZmMailMsg,ZmMailMsg,ZmMailMsg&pref=true&conv=false&trash=false&from=false&to=false&cc=false&bcc=false&date=false&subject=false&uniquefile=false&attachments=false] [] log - /service/zimlet/starxpert_save/save.jsp
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: STREAM
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.getWriter(Response.java:616)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter$GZIPResponseWrapper.getWriter(GzipFilter.java:358)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.initOut(JspWriterImpl.java:187)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.flushBuffer(JspWriterImpl.java:180)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.release(PageContextImpl.java:237)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.internalReleasePageContext(JspFactoryImpl.java:173)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.releasePageContext(JspFactoryImpl.java:124)
            at org.apache.jsp.starxpert_005fsave.save_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.starxpert_005fsave.save_jsp:1397)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:109)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:389)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:486)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:380)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:390)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:330)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:126)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletResources.service(ZimletResources.java:95)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFilter.doFilter(ZimletFilter.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:924)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:547)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:413)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    I took like 10 emails.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information