Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Zimbra Proxy allowedDomains and SSL

  1. #1
    emoulton is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Zimbra Proxy allowedDomains and SSL

    I've hit another snag with my Zimlet. Please check out this thread to catch up to where I'm at, at the moment: Click Me.

    After getting things to where I wanted them I switched over to another server to handle the data that Zimbra is sending using my zimlet. I changed the allowedDomains to point to the new server, and redeployed the zimlet, restarted tomcat, and refreshed my Zimbra session; yet I'm getting a 403 error. The only difference is that I'm using SSL on the remote server now. So rather than "http://my.test.server/test/emailr.php" it's "https://my.production.server/misc/emailr.php". Is there another property that has to be set in the config_template.xml file to work with SSL? Does the proxy work with SSL?

    I've tested out the script directly, (manually entered the params in the location bar), and it works as expected, so I'm pretty sure it's something on the Zimbra server.

    Thanks for any help that you might provide.

  2. #2
    emoulton is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I've played around with this a little more, and discovered some odd behavior. I decided to get rid of the SSL stuff and see what happened. It still gave me a 403 error. When I was testing this zimlet with my test server before, (when everything was working), I was using a single hostname for the external server in the allowedDomains property in the global config area of the config_template.xml file.

    ie:
    Code:
    <property name="allowedDomains">myservershostname</property>
    instead of:
    Code:
    <property name="allowedDomains">myservershostname.domainname.tld</property>
    With or without SSL the second example gives me a 403 error. I also tried *.domainname.tld as well. This also didn't work. When using just the hostname with either external server the zimlet works properly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •