Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BB 8330 Curve

SPF
    SPF is offline Active Member

So what, no more support for Curve 83xx's? They are still listed as "compatible devices" here.

We have a bunch of 8310s with earlier firmware, but now I find that the ZimbraME client doesn't seem to work with v 4.5.x of their Firmware? It either just locks the BB up, or just runs invisibly in the background and you can't switch to it.

Why is this software in permanent beta status?!?
    After how many years should you just go ahead and remove it from the "features" list?

rherbert is offline Starter Member

I've got the same problem with a Blackberry Curve 8320. It worked fine yesterday until I upgraded the firmware, and now the application seems to hang and doesn't display anything.

Lynner is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Quote Originally Posted by rherbert View Post
    I've got the same problem with a Blackberry Curve 8320. It worked fine yesterday until I upgraded the firmware, and now the application seems to hang and doesn't display anything.
    What Firmware did you upgrade to? 4.3 and later there are issues with from what I noticed.
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

rherbert is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynner View Post
    What Firmware did you upgrade to? 4.3 and later there are issues with from what I noticed.
    v4.5.0.81. Of course, at the time, I had no idea what I was getting myself into and that ZimbraME would stop working.

Lynner is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Yeah I hear ya, If your connected with a BES 4.5 is a better way to go anyway
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

amorgan is offline Active Member

I tried version 0.9.34 and when I try to launch it on my 8330 it locks up, I am however able to use the generic 0.9.34

gdecris is offline Starter Member

Default Is this going to ever be addressed

We recently migrated all of our users to an in house Zimbra server and were trying to have everything synched up ... If we could get this Mobile version to work for our Curve users that would be great. Currently Im experiencing the same issues as others with the device freezing.

moultriega is offline New Member

Default Another "no fly"

Live in an area where Alltel has recently become Verizon. Currently have 8830 and 8130 (Pearl) -- both are Alltel-branded. Expect great pain when trying to convert my plan to Verizon (have lots of war stories of trying to activate Verizon branded equipment on Alltel network) and fully anticipate a pitch to slide me into a contract in exchange for a shiny new Verizon device. Fan of contracts I am not.

Have attempted the 8800-specific and generic installs on the 8830. 8800-specific produces the freeze phenomenon and the Generic looks good but accepts no keyboard input (so can't even find out if it will attempt to connect to the server). The Pearl-specific install does the freeze job on the 8130. My 8830 software version is 4.5.0.127

Have a pro license agreement and a bunch of supervisors that would love to be OTA (and Outlook-free) syncing, but our data service coverage heavily favors the big V. Not keen on deploying BES -- have enough on my plate already and have not budgeted for this.

Love to hear other's opinions on alternate approaches I could take.

robert.barber is offline Member

Default Put me in this camp as well

Quote Originally Posted by moultriega View Post
    Have a pro license agreement and a bunch of supervisors that would love to be OTA (and Outlook-free) syncing, but our data service coverage heavily favors the big V. Not keen on deploying BES -- have enough on my plate already and have not budgeted for this.

Love to hear other's opinions on alternate approaches I could take.

We've got mostly Verizon 8330's, tired of Outlook problems, anybody have a way to do this sans-BES?

moultriega is offline New Member

Since my earlier post I have been introduced to Funambol Open Source Mobile Cloud Sync and Push Email for Billions of Phones

Just reading the highlights gets one excited, but I'm assuming a significant time invested in unchartered (for me) territory. Haven't had time to get the scoop on current/past user experiences here in the forum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information