Thread: We've been running Zimbra Open Source for two months with no problem!

graffiti is offline Loyal Member

Default We've been running Zimbra Open Source for two months with no problem!

Hi there,

Dont know whether you guys remember me or not but I've been using Zimbra since MII. I really love it!

Two months ago, I decide to deploy Zimbra Open Source for my employer, which is one of the biggest bank in my country. The bank has about 1200 users and was using qmail-ldap/squirrelMail at that time. I introduce Zimbra to the managers and they "WO" alot! So we migrate to Zimbra and the users have never been happier! I personally got a lot of "thanks" these days and I really want to forward these "thanks" to you the Zimbra team! You make the most wonderful open source product ever!

That's the greeting and here is the good news: my managers are considering to buy Zimbra Network Edition. We have some questions for you:

1. Can we upgrade the Zimbra OSS to Zimbra Network Edition Trial version then down-grade it if we cant afford the license? If yes, is there any document available?

2. The last time I checked, Zimbra doest allow the hybrid license model such as a small group of users uses zimbra network edition and the rest uses zimbra open source edition. Can we do this now? Is there any workaround? We just want to buy Zimbra Network Edition for a small subset of our users!

3. Zimbra's pricing is too high for third-world countries. We are in Vietnam and we can't afford the pricing. Do you have any special offer or discount for us?

Best regards,

-g

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Yes, you can upgrade an OSS version to the Network Edition and then go back to the OSS version later. You only need to run the install script on the server where Zimbra is installed.

For the licencing questions I'd suggest you contact sales@zimbra.com - they would be the best people to give you an answer on that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

celeron is offline Active Member

Hi,
    As you know, the Network Edition Trial only allows you to create up 50 users. If my running OSS Edition has many more users, what's happen when i upgrade to Network Edition Trial?

Please show me any documents about upgrading from the OSS Edition to the Network Edition and downgrading it to OSS Edition when i can't buy license for it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by celeron; 03-21-2007 at 03:13 AM.

Jim
    Jim is offline Zimbra Employee

Default I sent you a private message regarding some options.

I sent you a private message regarding some options.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Thread Information