Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia N95

jannik.sueltz is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Are you a Network Edition user?
    Yes. We are using the Network Edition with Mobile Support.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You need to make sure it's been enabled in the COS in the Admin UI, there's also some details in the wiki about mobile device set-up.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for your help! I needed to install the 3rd party software RoadSync from DataViz on my Nokia N95 and it works. Now I have to play around with my new "over-the-air" direct sync between our Zimbra server and my cellphone, but it looks quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by jannik.sueltz View Post
    Thanks for your help! I needed to install the 3rd party software RoadSync from DataViz on my Nokia N95 and it works. Now I have to play around with my new "over-the-air" direct sync between our Zimbra server and my cellphone, but it looks quite good.
    So ... I worked some days with the trial of RoadSync. The e-mail-synchronization looks very good an there are cool features to schedule how often the mails should be pulled in the peak time and off peak time (you can set the peak time by days and start/end time). Very good.
    But the synchronization for calendar is weak. You can only sync with the main calender and not with others. And I first sync my computer with my N95 to put all birthday-events to my cellphone. After sync with zimbra all birthday-events where in my main zimbra calendar not as a all-day-event but as a event from morning to night ... How to handle that?
    The addressbook sync is weak as well. I sync my N95 with my computer first via isync and then sync it with zimbra. After that most of my addresses where double within my cellphone as well in zimbra.

Does anyone has experience how to handle this?

Costa-101 is offline Project Contributor

Question Open Source Solution

Is there a solution to implement a Zimbra exchange connection and push email using third party applications?

No offence to Zimbra, and I would love to have the Network edition, I just can't afford to pay for it.

I am using a Nokia N95 and have other users with Blackberry and Palm devices.

Just wanted to bounce some ideas to see if there is anything out there I am missing.

Thanks
    ------------------------------
    http://www.lcrm.co.uk

bertie_uk is offline Senior Member

Anyone found a solution for this that works?

I am trying to use a Nokia N95 with Zimbra OS, and even with SSL it still doesn't retrieve messages.

Bertie

Quote Originally Posted by bertie_uk View Post
    Anyone found a solution for this that works?

I am trying to use a Nokia N95 with Zimbra OS, and even with SSL it still doesn't retrieve messages.

Bertie
    No, I did a research for a sync-solution, but nothing looks convince to me.

Today I use ProfiMail (Lonely Cat Games - ProfiMail). Don't get put of the non-pro website-layout, the software is great. This is a very fast e-mail-client solution with a great and functional interface. Full-function-demo is available. Total costs are about 25 bugs.
    You can leave the connection open and pull new messages automatically - no push possible. IMAP/SMTP via SSL/TLS works.

area is offline Active Member

I just posted some comments on the iZimbra thread which included a summary of the problems I'm having with my N95 and Zimbra IMAP - which sounds like the same problem as other people are having - ie: can retrieve headers but not the email body. I upgraded to the most recent v12 firmware and it didn't solve the problem.

I'm using a certificate from cacert.org which isn't trusted by the N95 but pressing OK to continue past the warning still works to download the list of IMAP folders and the email headers.

FWIW, when I'm on the road, I forward my email to my gmail account and use the gmail app for the N95 which works really well.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Have you tried turning off IMAP IDLE?

Just add \ni at the end of your username. That should work.

Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by jholder; 07-12-2007 at 06:08 PM.

area is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Have you tried turning off IMAP IDLE?

Just add \ni at the end of your username. That should work.

Let us know how it goes.
    Just tried that (both \ni and /ni) and it doesn't work - the N95 just prompts me for the username and password again and again as if the username and password combination is wrong.

Just to confirm what you suggested, I'm specifying the username as: username@domain.com\ni

Is that correct?

I'm using v4.5.5 Open source - Release 4.5.5_GA_838.RHEL4_20070503175122 CentOS4 FOSS edition.

I've been monitoring the /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log - it logs these lines as I attempt to connect:

2007-07-13 11:25:40,880 INFO [ImapSSLServer-96] [] imap - [150.101.114.123] connected
    2007-07-13 11:25:42,006 INFO [ImapSSLServer-96] [] imap - [150.101.114.123] exception while closing connection
    java.net.SocketException: Connection closed by remote host
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.checkWr ite(SSLSocketImpl.java:1187)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write (AppOutputStream.java:43)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedO utputStream.java:65)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputS tream.java:123)
    at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.sendLine(ImapHandle r.java:2099)
    at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.sendResponse(ImapHa ndler.java:2089)
    at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.sendUntagged(ImapHa ndler.java:2078)
    at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.dropConnection(Imap Handler.java:2048)
    at com.zimbra.cs.imap.ImapHandler.dropConnection(Imap Handler.java:2034)
    at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.run(Protoc olHandler.java:210)
    at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Wo rker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    2007-07-13 11:25:42,006 INFO [ImapSSLServer-96] [] ProtocolHandler - Handler exiting normally

But I don't think this is relevant to the problem as Zimbra seems to log the same messages for connection attempts from other clients.

Any other suggestions for debugging the problem would be appreciated.

thanks - Angus

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information