Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Migrate from Kerio + blackberry support

ContemporaryFusion is offline Intermediate Member

Default Migrate from Kerio + blackberry support

This may well have been asked elsewhere -but a search revealed nothing.

I am a disillusioned Kerio user. No news on an Offline Outlook Connector (If someone like Zimbra has it - surely it can't be impossible?) And no sign of "complete" Blackberry support either.

I currently have their mailserver and wish to migrate away - quickly! Is there any migration tool for Kerio?

Also I know this may be the wrong place - but I am a blackberry user. I want to use my Blackberry with ZImbra. I appreciate I need to purchase the Zimbra Mobile package - but does it support the new Blackberry 8100 Pearl? If not - will it?

Klug is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ContemporaryFusion View Post
    Also I know this may be the wrong place - but I am a blackberry user. I want to use my Blackberry with ZImbra. I appreciate I need to purchase the Zimbra Mobile package - but does it support the new Blackberry 8100 Pearl? If not - will it?
    Zimbra Mobile is not compatible "out of the box" with Blackberry.
    If you want "full" sync, you have to use NotifyLink, a product made by a partner company.

gmsmith is offline Moderator

This may well have been asked elsewhere -but a search revealed nothing.

I am a disillusioned Kerio user. No news on an Offline Outlook Connector (If someone like Zimbra has it - surely it can't be impossible?) And no sign of "complete" Blackberry support either.

I currently have their mailserver and wish to migrate away - quickly! Is there any migration tool for Kerio?

Welcome to the light.

We have a had a couple of Kerio clients and frankly it was such a pain. The Zimbra experience is overall much better for everyone involved. Generally we handle migration from IMAPSync (http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...nded_Method.29) . I imagine though if you are in Outlook (our Kerio folks were Macs), couldn't you export email/calendar/contacts to a PST file and then use the Zimbra PST import tool?

As for Blackberry support, for now you will need to look at Notify's solution. It works, but if you are use the true BES experience, it does take a little getting use to.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

No news on an Offline Outlook Connector
    The Zimbra Connector for Outlook does indeed works offline. It supports cached-mode as its primary mode of operation.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith View Post
    Welcome to the light.

We have a had a couple of Kerio clients and frankly it was such a pain. The Zimbra experience is overall much better for everyone involved. Generally we handle migration from IMAPSync (http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...nded_Method.29) . I imagine though if you are in Outlook (our Kerio folks were Macs), couldn't you export email/calendar/contacts to a PST file and then use the Zimbra PST import tool?

As for Blackberry support, for now you will need to look at Notify's solution. It works, but if you are use the true BES experience, it does take a little getting use to.
    I am not sure if this would work or not I can certianly try. I'm a Thunderbird/Evolution man at heart (Linux all the way :-) ) but have Windows boxes by necessity!

Does anyone know if I buy the Network edition that does not support Outlook offline how easily I can upgrade at a later date? I won't use MAPI/iSync straight away so the additional $10 per seat would effectively be wasted

I am not sure if this would work or not I can certianly try. I'm a Thunderbird/Evolution man at heart (Linux all the way :-) ) but have Windows boxes by necessity!

Does anyone know if I buy the Network edition that does not support Outlook offline how easily I can upgrade at a later date? I won't use MAPI/iSync straight away so the additional $10 per seat would effectively be wasted
    I would imagine the upgrade would be possible, but how many seats are you looking for?

I would imagine the upgrade would be possible, but how many seats are you looking for?
    My understanding is a base license is 25 seats? So I would be looking at that - at present I only need 10 though (possibly 11 depends how I organise things!)

The open source community edition would be ideal (for now) if it had all the features I want such as the backup facilities. I would also like mobile compatibility for my blackberry - although that can wait as I'm the only one who has a blackberry ($500 is a large expense for one user - especially if I need to look at Notify as well)

I'll give the full product a go - and if I don't end up using all the features I believe a "downgrade" to the Open Source version is possible until such time as I have the need for more users.

My understanding is a base license is 25 seats? So I would be looking at that - at present I only need 10 though (possibly 11 depends how I organise things!)

The open source community edition would be ideal (for now) if it had all the features I want such as the backup facilities. I would also like mobile compatibility for my blackberry - although that can wait as I'm the only one who has a blackberry ($500 is a large expense for one user - especially if I need to look at Notify as well)

I'll give the full product a go - and if I don't end up using all the features I believe a "downgrade" to the Open Source version is possible until such time as I have the need for more users.
    Have you thought about utilizing any one of the hosting partners so you don't have to capital outlay and only pay for the services that you need when you need them?

Have you thought about utilizing any one of the hosting partners so you don't have to capital outlay and only pay for the services that you need when you need them?
    That sounds like a great idea I'll look into that - only downside would be I am thinking of making extensive use of custom Zimlets - an amazing idea I've never had access to with Kerio. There are several things I can think of, and on shared hosting its less likely to be possible (Then again I've never had it - I can't miss it)

Can anyone from Zimbra staff comment on Office 2007 support yet?

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

we are actively working on porting ZCO to work with outlook 2007. Keep an eye on bugs 10949 and 11133 to track its progress.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information