Thread: Company Droids Fail to Maintain CorporateSync Connection

the_griz is offline Loyal Member

Default Company Droids Fail to Maintain CorporateSync Connection

Who else in this forum has is having Droid problems after upgrading to ZCS 7.1.4?!

I have 100% of my company droids (~20) are failing to maintain a corporate sync connection to our mail server. This all occurred after upgrading to ZCZ 7.1.4.

2 Support Tickets and I am getting no where with Zimbra support. Zimbra blames the droid. I understand their reasoning (logs show Droid errors), however it doesn't help me fix the problem.

All iPhones, IMAP clients work fine. It is just the droid corporate sync phones.

Anyone experiencing similar behavior? My office is considering a wholesale dumping of droid phones and going to iPhones to resolve this issue. This will cost few grand to do and I feel is not in the company's best interest.

I need some feedback or ideas, please.

Thanks in advance!
    Tom

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by the_griz View Post
    Who else in this forum has is having Droid problems after upgrading to ZCS 7.1.4?!
    I'm certainly not having any problems maintaining a connection to my ZCS 7.1.4 server but I'm using Touchdown as the mail client not the inbuilt client on my HTC Desire. Which phones, which client, what errors? Have you tried any other client?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

We have tried Touchdown. My phone with Touchdown works. However, my other two test phones do not. They can't seem to negotiate the initial connection. Touchdown tech support has tried to help but to no avail.

I really think something has changed when I went to 7.1.4.

This morning we even just tried to set up regular IMAP connected mailboxes. Incoming mail works fine, but outgoing fails unless I shut off "Secure Connection". If "Secure Connection" is turned on, I get an "Invalid Server Certificate" error on the phone. It will not send

How do I troubleshoot this error server side?

Could there be a cached certificate on the phone? We have had this running for years and it is very disconcerting that I can't find the root issue here.

Any and all help is appreciated.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

We have tried Touchdown. My phone with Touchdown works. However, my other two test phones do not. They can't seem to negotiate the initial connection. Touchdown tech support has tried to help but to no avail.

I really think something has changed when I went to 7.1.4.
    Not as far as I'm concerned, TD has been working fine over a lot of releases of ZCS and without problems.

This morning we even just tried to set up regular IMAP connected mailboxes. Incoming mail works fine, but outgoing fails unless I shut off "Secure Connection". If "Secure Connection" is turned on, I get an "Invalid Server Certificate" error on the phone. It will not send
    Are you using port 587 as the Submission port (you should be) and have you tried setting TD to ignore invalid certificates?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Personally, I think there is a configuration issue with my server not necessarily with the release. I suspect that with the upgrade to 7.1.4 it uncovered an issue with my configuration. I just can't seem to find an issue.

Our server is configured for SMTP on port 25 using SSL. I don't have it configured to listen on port 587. Is that wrong?

I did try shutting off cert verification and it still did not work.

Thanks!
    Tom

I opened up port 587 for submission and still get the Invalid Certificate error with or without the "Verify Certificate" setting.

Thanks!
    Tom

Thread Information