Thread: Connecting Blackberry and Smartphones to ZCS FOSSS

popsicles is offline Member

Default Connecting Blackberry and Smartphones to ZCS FOSSS

Hello all,

Can someone tell me how I can get my blackberry and smartphone to connect to Zimbra Collaboration Suite Open Source Edition.

What am I supposed to be able to sync my mails and contacts between my ZCS server and my Blackberry phones and smartphones.

thanks in advance

Popsicles.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by popsicles View Post
    Can someone tell me how I can get my blackberry and smartphone to connect to Zimbra Collaboration Suite Open Source Edition.
    You use whatever IMAP client comes with your smartphone to get your email from a Zimbra server. You could also use Funambol (it is more work and requires more software to be installed) - search the forums for 'funambol'.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

ewilen is offline Moderator

uzisuicida is offline Starter Member

Hello friends.

I read this url: Open Source Mobile Calendar and Contact Synchronization - Zimbra :: Wiki

Funambol works with Zimbra Community Version?

I know that Blackberry does not support SyncML by default, means I have to install any program on the Blackberry?

Thank you very much for your help.

popsicles is offline Member

hello All,

Thanks for your reply on using my blackberry and smartphone to fectch mails from my Zimbra Server.
    I later got logicmail and installed on my blackberry phone. I want to use my blackberry phone to fetch both my domain internet and intranet mails. my zimbra server is located in my office and it has a live IP. In configuring my login mail, I used IMAP as my protocol and for the incoming server address, I used the IP address and also for the SMTP address.
    When I try to fetch mails from my zimbra server using logicmail, it tells me "cannot connect to server". but when I use browse to the ipaddress on my blackberry it brings the zimbra login page. I can use the mobile mail client on my blackberry via browser. But I wan t to use a mail client for convenience.
    What is the problem, why is it not connecting? how do I resolve this?

thanks in advance.

Popsicles

Thread Information