Thread: Corporate Sync on Motorola Defy MB525

martidau is offline New Member

Default Corporate Sync on Motorola Defy MB525

I need to access a zimbra server from a motorola defy MB525. This seems to be different to other android platforms mentioned in the zimbra forums as the exchange configuration is done under a "corporate sync" setup option instead of the plain email setup.

After entering all the server details and attempting to sync the phone simply comes up with a message saying the connection failed but no details. The server does not have a domain and I have tried entering the domain/username with a forward slash, backslash and no slash but always the same error. Does anyone know if there are issues specific to this phone model, or any other trick?

Thanks
    Martin

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by martidau View Post
    I need to access a zimbra server from a motorola defy MB525. This seems to be different to other android platforms mentioned in the zimbra forums as the exchange configuration is done under a "corporate sync" setup option instead of the plain email setup.
    Is this connecting to a Zimbra Network Edition server?

After entering all the server details and attempting to sync the phone simply comes up with a message saying the connection failed but no details. The server does not have a domain and I have tried entering the domain/username with a forward slash, backslash and no slash but always the same error.
    What do you mean by 'does not have a domain' all servers will have a domain name.

Does anyone know if there are issues specific to this phone model, or any other trick?
    Have you asked the server admin what details are needed to access the server? That would most likely be your best course of action.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

martidau is offline New Member

Thanks for your reply. It turns out the problem was an incorrect server name supplied by the service provider, which worked for web access but not mobile sync.

For the record, the Motorola Defy MB525 does not use the same settings as decribed in the Zimbra wiki for Android Smartphones (Mobile Device Setup - Zimbra :: Wiki).

The setup is done via the "Corporate Sync" icon instead of via the normal "Mail" icon. The latter now only allows the creation of IMAP and POP accounts.

In the corporate sync settings:

The "Domain\Username" field is replaced by a simple "Username" field, so there is no need to experiment with including a backslash or not.

The "Exchange Server" field is now just called "Server".

The "Accept all SSL certificates" is now called "Verify Certificate", which should obviously have the opposite value to the old field.

It would be good if someone added these instructions to the wiki. Unfortunately I don't have the phone myself so I would not be able to do it accurately.

Thread Information