Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Palm Pre - EAS only sync's calendar on creation of new EAS account.

jknelson is offline Junior Member

Default [SOLVED] Palm Pre - EAS only sync's calendar on creation of new EAS account.

We run 5.0.18_GA_3009 NE w/mobile sync option. And, I have seen from several posts that there are people successfully syncing with Palm Pre's w/EAS. I am able to connect to the server and email syncs fine. The calendar will only sync on the initial sync but, nothing after that.

contacts indicate that there are only 50 in the account when there are close to 1000.

What am I missing?

UMDjwain is offline Trained Alumni

I'll second this re: the calendar sync. Pre is running webOS 1.1.0/Sprint 1.7. Manual sync also fails to grab anything new.

davecowen5 is offline Intermediate Member

I'm having no problem at all with contact and calendar sync between WebOS 1.1.0 and 5.0.18 NE on Ubuntu 64.

The only setting I have set to anything remotely non-standard is that I have the Get Email setting set to sync every 15 minutes. Sync is done over SSL, and both Zimbra servers have commercial SSL certificates.

You may want to try setting to 15 minutes, rebooting, and seeing if things "fall into place."

Tried changing updates to 15 min. and 1 hour, did a hard reset. Didn't change anything.

bradb21 is offline Advanced Member

I have no problems as well. If I create a new appt and/or was invited to an appt it will appear in my Pre's calendar without any intervention. I got my Sprint Pre and on release day and have not seen any problems with my Pre's calendar picking up new appts. I do most of my Zimbra work either via Web interface on my PC or using Zimbra Desktop and it all comes down to my Pre without any issues.
    Release 6.0.2_GA_1912.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition + Mobile Option
    Activesync with Moto Q9C, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pro, & Palm Pre

Smile Yea!!!

Today is a special day!!! I finally solved the mystery thanks to many of the posts on this sites and others. The solution:

I was waiting for my corporate IT group to solve why my calendar account in Zimbra still showed a size of 10M when the cursor was held over the folder, thinking tthis was related to my problems, when I decided to see if I could get contacts to do something...I had read a post that said exporting outlook folder to pst files, deleting them, removing the eas acct, reinstalling eas on Pre, and importing pst had worked for a few. So, I did this.

In addition, I thought as long as I am removing accounts, I would remove Chapura PocketMirror accounts. The Pre had a really hard time deleting and resolving this. I had to delete the application and do a hard reset of the Pre.

After reinstalling the eas account, test items started syncing. I then imported pst files into contacts and calendar and all is well.

(zimbra calendar still says 10M, but it appears to not affect anything)

THANKS TO ALL THAT CONTRIBUTED!!!!!

mattyp is offline Junior Member

Default so what was the solution

You did like 5 things, which one was it that was necessary?

This has been a recurrent problem for my pre/zimbra. New appoints sync for a few days, then nothing.
    Last edited by mattyp; 09-10-2009 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added detail

I should have done 1 thing at a time but didn't....sorry. It is an easy thing to copy everything to seperate folders and delete the existing. My gut tells me that it was Chapura that was causing the problems because of the tough time trying to get it off of the Pre.

mattyp is offline Junior Member

I think we should take down the 'SOLVED'. This problem keeps recurring every few days. I deleted every app that uses the calendar, deleted my EAS account from the phone, performed a hard reset. Boom, two days later no more calendar sync. I have tried everything I can find on the web (e.g., not using end dates for recurring appointments, etc.). As there are real solutions posted for exchange that don't work for Zimbra, I am wondering if this is about Zimbra's EAS.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with this. Mine has been fine for the last several weeks. It may have been the Chapura and may have been the reoccuring dates? Sorry I can't be of more help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information