Thread: [SOLVED] Palm Pre Calendars won't sync correctly

alyon is offline Junior Member

Default [SOLVED] Palm Pre Calendars won't sync correctly

I tried to see if anyone had this specific problem with the Pre, but couldn't find anything in the forums. My apologies if this is already a well-known issue:

I am syncing to my Zimbra account via ActiveExchange. It is absolutely seamless with Email and Contacts, but only ~2% of my Calendar entries show up on my Pre. The ones that do show up are editable - any Pre edits show up on the server pretty quickly, but new appointments do not appear to get transferred in either direction. I created a new calendar on the server, and that did not show up on my Pre either. I have seen people having isses with ActiveExchange systems that are not truly Microsoft, but I haven't read about this specific problem yet. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Details of Zimbra at my institution:
    Client Version: 5.0.16_GA_2921.RHEL5_64
    Client Release: 20090429021719
    Build Date: 20090429-0227

Thanks.

Maja is offline Active Member

I'm running 5.0.18NE with ActiveSync configured for my Pre, without issues thus far. Creating appointments, both ways, was actually my first test performed.

One additional bit of information that may, or may not, be helpful is what Pre OS version are you at? I assume you've done the latest update (Web OS 1.1.0)? Just want to ensure its an apples-to-apples thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post
    I'm running 5.0.18NE with ActiveSync configured for my Pre, without issues thus far. Creating appointments, both ways, was actually my first test performed.

One additional bit of information that may, or may not, be helpful is what Pre OS version are you at? I assume you've done the latest update (Web OS 1.1.0)? Just want to ensure its an apples-to-apples thing.
    I am using the most recent version of WebOS. I just figured out part of the problem - appts that are repeating and are designated to end on a specific date (instead of just repeating a certain number of times) are a big issue. Also, any appointments I created from iMail-->iCal (that is, appointments in iCal associated with an email message) do not sync correctly. There may be other issues, but these two just became apparent.

iway is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Are you able to use multiple calendars of your Zimbra account on the Pre? Or does it show up only the main calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by iway View Post
    Are you able to use multiple calendars of your Zimbra account on the Pre? Or does it show up only the main calendar?
    No. Only the main calendar shows on the Pre. None of the others show up on the pre. I am assuming that this is the same issue others have with multiple calendars and that this is not a solved problem yet - I am doing a workaround by syncing all the other calendars via "Missing Sync for Pre". Obviously, this is non-optimal.

jknelson is offline Junior Member

When you look at your zimbra calendar, do events from your other calendars show up? I am having similar problems, but I'm not the It guy and feel a little helpless if this is a zimbra config. issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jknelson View Post
    When you look at your zimbra calendar, do events from your other calendars show up? I am having similar problems, but I'm not the It guy and feel a little helpless if this is a zimbra config. issue.
    All the other calendars show up on the regular web interface, but only one calendar shows up on my Pre.

peng1can is offline Senior Member

My understanding is that this is a limitation of the ActiveSync protocol that most mobile devices use to sync calendars. ActiveSync only permits one calendar to be shared. I think the iphone has an option to sync multiple calendars via CalDav or something, but the Pre lacks such a feature at this time.

Thread Information