Thread: iPhone Configuration Utility

gmsmith is offline Moderator

Post iPhone Configuration Utility

We are in the process of deploying 20+ iPhones to users and planned on using the iPhone Configuration Utility to deploy profiles with settings that configured the Zimbra server settings, however I am running into an issue.

I have the profile on the device, click Install, it runs you through the account setup, first screen is enter your email address for the exchange server, easy enough, the second step is username in domain\username format then password, seems to setup just fine, then at the end of the profile setup, it gives me the following error:

Passcode can not be set; The server for account "My New Exchange Account" is not responding.

I did not specify any passcode in the profile, any ideas?

searssd is offline Junior Member

Default solution?

Hi there! Did you find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue. Thanks!

Dirk is offline Moderator

It's not something that you are doing wrong, it's just not supporting in Zimbra 5.x

I raised a bug for this ages ago, pretty much as soon as version 2 of the software came out actually, Bug 30146 - Cannot provision activesync 'exchange' account. the comments on there show that it's a function that Zimbra 6.x supports.

Given that we are expecting version 3 of the iphone software to be made available at the start of next week, I'm wondering if the problem has been fixed too late, I've no idea if the provisioning tool will work with iphone3 software, I guess we'll find out soon.

grahamb is offline Trained Alumni

Just a data point: the current configuration utility doesn't work with Zimbra; I've specified the username, email address and password in profile yet the phone still asks for each when I try to install the profile. It also complains about not being able to verify the certificate for my server, despite unchecking "Use SSL" in the configuration utility.
    Graham Ballantyne
    Simon Fraser University

Thread Information