Thread: Sync with Palm Treo 700w with ActiveSync

jonnyRo is offline Project Contributor

Default Sync with Palm Treo 700w with ActiveSync

Hello,

I am migrating a user who has a Palm Treo 700w with Windows Mobile. It uses ActiveSync to synchronize into Outlook.

After the migration, where the user is now set up with the Zimbra Outlook profile, I get this error from Microsoft ActiveSync.

"Cannot synchronize with the Outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previously set up or the profile is password-protected. Plese open Outlook using the appropriate profile.

Support Code: 8503001f"

Any tips? I was looking for a way to change the profile that activesync uses in it's control panel, but no go thus far. Will continue to search around using google for any info, and will eventualy attempt an activesync reinstallation.

P.S. have you ever had the experience where every time you are working on a really irritating problem, your description has the word "microsoft" in it?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you tried deleting the association with the 700w and started again or isn't that an option?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

thats worked for me.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

jonnyRo is offline Project Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Have you tried deleting the association with the 700w and started again or isn't that an option?
    I went back later and the user had it working. This is good and bad. I dont know what he did, and he doesnt know what he did.

If you could post some steps on deleting the association, would be appreciated bill. I have no experience with MS ActiveSync.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Ah, now you've caught me out there. It's been a while since I used Activesync but, IIRC, you need to follow these steps (it's actually called a partnership not association, you can see how long it is since I've used it):

Before connecting your device, delete the old partnership on the PC: Open ActiveSync on the PC and go to File/Mobile Device and select the partnership you wish to delete (it's the one where there is a "bullet" in front of its name in the menu).

Then go to File/Delete Partnership. (The prompt window will confirm that the backup will not be deleted just the partnership). Then, re-establish the partnership by connecting your device. ActiveSync will automatically suggest that you establish a new partnership and will prompt you through the process.

You should, if possible, backup the device before going through this routine. I don't know which version of ActiveSync you've got but that was the menu structure on the old 3.7 activesync that I used.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

unagicat is offline Starter Member

Default zimbra, outlook, treo sync

I'm not sure if this applies to the 700w, but for the 650 with palmOS, if you go to Palm Desktop > Hot Sync > Custom >
    select Calendar (Outlook) > Change > Settings > and change the outlook profile in use.

Unfortunately that didn't solve my issue as it's still not syncing to my zimbra outlook profile, but that's how you switch profiles.

Thread Information