Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 2.1 Firmware

mikelcu is offline Senior Member

Default iPhone 2.1 Firmware

I have a user who has just upgraded his iPhone to the 2.1 firmware, which appears to have broken his calendar sync. The ZCS (5.0.9 on Unbuntu 6) connection on the phone is set up as Exchange/ActiveSync, and mail is still syncing fine though calendar is not. Has anyone else had any issues with 2.1?

-Mike

mrolli is offline Starter Member

Yes, one issue. Just upgraded ZCS to 5.0.9 and iPhone to 2.1.

- Multiple calendars is working after having deleted the zimbra account and reentering new
    - Push works (to both of my calendars)

One thing isn't working anymore (with 5.0.8 and 5.0.9, so seems to be iphone 2.1 related): I don't have invitations anymore. Empty window. So I can't accept/decline through my iPhone anymore.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Hmmm, upgraded my iPhone @ the weekend and not seen any issues. On another note it would be great if a group of iPhone & ZCS users could test the software together. Will post on /etc about it as I do believe it is the way forward for a great business tool.

toolcaserp is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelcu View Post
    I have a user who has just upgraded his iPhone to the 2.1 firmware, which appears to have broken his calendar sync. The ZCS (5.0.9 on Unbuntu 6) connection on the phone is set up as Exchange/ActiveSync, and mail is still syncing fine though calendar is not. Has anyone else had any issues with 2.1?

-Mike
    We're seeing this too. We're running 5.0.8 Network edition with Zimbra Mobile.

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by toolcaserp View Post
    We're seeing this too. We're running 5.0.8 Network edition with Zimbra Mobile.
    iphone users should all be on 5.0.9. 5.0.9 is the release that officially supports iphone.

toolcaserp is offline Active Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    iphone users should all be on 5.0.9. 5.0.9 is the release that officially supports iphone.
    The upgrade will be happening soon (tomorrow?), but others are complaining about the same situation with 5.0.9 so I don't hold much hope for a magic fix with the upgrade to 5.0.9 from 5.0.8.

But at least then I can expect support...

Still a good idea to go to 5.0.9. There are multiple fixes in 5.0.9 you need.

I haven't had a chance to test 2.1 yet, so can't tell you what will be broken on 2.1.

dpmchris is offline Special Member

I just caught this thread, I have been running 2.1 as soon as it came out, against our 5.0.8 server.

I just had my cohort send me an invite and they seem to be working--I hit "Tentative" and waltzed away from it, came back and opened it and hit "Accept". It DID leave my Invites drawer after accepting, but if I go right to the event in the calendar I can still, for example, decline.

In fact as I write this I watched it push the changes to my Zimbra calendar--the event just ghosted.

Chris @ DPM
    Version 6.0.16_GA_2998.NETWORK Apr 4, 2012 MACOSXx86
    Xserve 2x Dual Core Xeons 10GB with Xserve RAID

Quote Originally Posted by dpmchris View Post
    I just caught this thread, I have been running 2.1 as soon as it came out, against our 5.0.8 server.

I just had my cohort send me an invite and they seem to be working--I hit "Tentative" and waltzed away from it, came back and opened it and hit "Accept". It DID leave my Invites drawer after accepting, but if I go right to the event in the calendar I can still, for example, decline.

In fact as I write this I watched it push the changes to my Zimbra calendar--the event just ghosted.

Chris @ DPM
    Are you reporting an issue or merely stating the iphone behavior? I don't see anything wrong with your description.

anyway, i upgraded to 2.1 myself, and everything works fine as far as i can tell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information