Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Mobile 5 - HTML formatted message

eddie is offline Active Member

Just trying to help get this fixed quick so please excuse me if I overstep but I took a quick look at the Zimbra source last night and saw that there's a FIXME note saying that javamail always returns '-1' for getLineCount() in the MimePart class (Part interface). Then looking at the javamail source (which is now available to the public) and sure enough, the implementation for this method simply says "return -1;". I'm pretty sure I was looking at the latest javamail 1.4 source. I did find something interesting over at the Apache James project which provides a MimeMessageWrapper class which overrides and fixes the getLineCount() implementation. Could this wrapper be used instead of directly calling javamail directly or can you create a similar wrapper class yourself?

Here are some links...
    JavaDoc:
    http://james.apache.org/javadocs/org...getLineCount()

Source:
    http://www.koders.com/java/fid266EA6...5A957E80B.aspx

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Thanks. Best bet is to post this to the bug report. Or open a new one. That way this info is not lost and gets to the engineer assigned to work this area.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Can anyone tell me if there is a fix or workaround available to Network Edition customers? I know NE customers get early patches.

Thanks.

Not yet. It will be in the dev build/beta of 3.2 when that ships. Don't have an exact date but within the next two months.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

I have a related question... Since this problem occurs on one of our outlook clients, can I effectively work around this problem by purchasing the Network Edition (to get Exchange/MAPI support) and have the user connect via the MAPI connector? Would he have full functionality of email and calendar and would it avoid this problem?

Honestly, it's a chicken and egg thing right now. I can't get a Zimbra purchase approved if it doesn't support all of the devices and clients we use but I can't show, or even be sure, that it supports what we need unless I get a license. Please let me know if purchasing the NE would solve this issue with WM5 using the MAPI connectors.

Thanks again for all the help.

If you mean desktop Outlook then yes it will work fine. BTW: The Network Edition has a 60 trial so you can upgrade to that and verify that it's working. As soon as the first beta of 3.2 is out you'd be able to upgrade again and have full sync support for WM5 devices of calendar, contacts and email. All of which you could do inside of 60 days to verify that everything works as expected.

xzhang is offline Member

Does the zimbra support MHTML formatted message? I got problem for that.

I can see some images of message in Zimbra client if the message sent by outlook has MHTML format. Anyone has seen this?

I noticed the second 3.2 beta has been posted. Does it have the linecount fix? If so, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to install zimbra on another box and point it to my existing message store just for imap access? That way I can test out the fix without putting my main email delivery system on a beta product.

Thanks.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have a look in bugzilla to see if it's been fixed. Alternatively, you could wait a short while until the GA version of 3.2 is released.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee

Exclamation WM5 and linecount and Zimbra and stores

Quote Originally Posted by eddie
    I noticed the second 3.2 beta has been posted. Does it have the linecount fix? If so, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to install zimbra on another box and point it to my existing message store just for imap access?
    The 3.2 beta does have the linecount fix; it's not certain that the fix will solve all WM5 issues.

However, you cannot install the Zimbra client and point it at another message store.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information