Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone, new firmware, and MS Activesync?

gnyce is offline Advanced Member

Default iPhone, new firmware, and MS Activesync?

It was rumored that Apple would release, on June 9, new firmware for the iPhone, which would includes MS' ActiveSync. If this is indeed the case - then it should work with Zimbra Mobile, yes? If so - can someone report their results to this forum? Sadly I have been unable to talk anyone at work into getting one for me, for "research" purposes...

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Well, the quick answer is yes because we support active sync on WM phones, but I'm sure there's lots of testing to do.

Zimbra is one of the few servers that were eligible on the SDK sign up form.

Zimbra :: Blog - All the really cool stuff is there. You should sign up.
    Last edited by administrator; 06-10-2008 at 09:40 AM.

playnada is offline Active Member

I am most interested in the remote wipe and remote provisioning features that they talk about with exchange. In fact I would like to see this with Zimbra on the iPhone and on Windows Mobile.

But I will settle for ActiveSync if that is all Apple offers us non-Exchange users :-)

-Justin

Erik T is offline Junior Member

Whether there is anything to these rumors or not, I really hope that there will be an easy way to get my soon-to-be-ordered iPhone 3G to sync up with our (or in our case, our provider's) Zimbra server, as if it was an Exchange or .Mac (eh, MobileMe) account.

As there obviously have been talks between the Zimbra team and Apple in the time between iPhone 2.0 beta release and yesterday's launch, I hope you'll soon be at liberty to talk to us about how this will work...?

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

...Soon

REMcycle is offline Active Member

....my boss will rollout 3G iphones to the whole damn company if it'll connect to Zimbra via MAPI as opposed to just being able to view Calendars and stuff through the mobile interface.

p24t is offline Moderator

I may get one.. just so I don't have to reboot this %@# windows phone on a regular basis anymore.

uxbod is offline Moderator

I just want a phone that will sync to Zimbra and Linux

AdrianR is offline Intermediate Member

It's safe to say I'm really exited about the 2.0 firmware. We'll be upgrading to 5.06 in the coming weeks and with active sync being supported by both Zimbra Mobile and the 2.0 firmware it's time to start testing OTA sync.

It's difficult to justify a new 3G iPhone when everyone should be getting the new firmware anyway. Speed is, and will continue to be the defining factor in a new iPhone purchase. I can already sync my Google calendars OTA, so it's only fair my executive level clients have the same ability with Zimbra.

fcash is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    I just want a phone that will sync to Zimbra and Linux
    Sony Ericsson w580i -- comes with a built-in SyncML client for contacts/calendar/tasks, and a built-in IMAP client for e-mail. Works quite nicely.

I haven't tested against Zimbra specifically, but IMAP access to Google Mail and our company IMAP server works, and SyncML connections to our (thankfully not permanent) FirstClass server works perfectly. This phone does pretty much everything, including making phone calls.
    Freddie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information