Thread: Zimbra Connector and Barracuda plug-in

dstoliker is offline Senior Member

Default Zimbra Connector and Barracuda plug-in

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a case where Barracuda Networks and Zimbra just point at each other about it, but...

I'm using Outlook 2003 with the Zimbra connector, and the Barracuda Outlook plugin V2 installed. When I select a message and click on the "Add to Spam List" button, 9/10 times Outlook will crash. I've already posted in the Barracuda Networks forums.

Are there any other Barracuda Spam Firewall users out there?

I really need to get these two playing nicely together.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Why do you want the Barracuda plug-in installed in Outlook when it''s already been through a spam check to get to the Zimbra server? As you've already found out, ZCO won't work with the Barracuda plug-in installed. Have you raised a case or bugzilla entry for this?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

dstoliker is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Why do you want the Barracuda plug-in installed in Outlook when it''s already been through a spam check to get to the Zimbra server?
    The Barracuda appliance provides per-user whitelist/blacklists, quarantine preferences, and a means for users easily train their Bayesian filters with the plug-in. I know the Zimbra server has a anti-spam system already included, but as far as I can tell, it only operates on a global (not per-user) level. We've had MUCH happier customers since we put the Barracuda in and gave them per-user controls. We'd like to keep those customers happy when we move them to Zimbra.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    As you've already found out, ZCO won't work with the Barracuda plug-in installed. Have you raised a case or bugzilla entry for this?
    No, I haven't filed a bug report. I really wanted to see if this was something someone else has dealt with before. Are you saying this in a known issue? If not, I'll go ahead and file one.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I have a feeling that there are problems with the barracuda plug-in but I'd suggest filing a support case first to confirm that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information