Thread: Outlook 2007 connector problems

fred3us is offline Intermediate Member

Default Outlook 2007 connector problems

Hello,

I followed the instructions found here Outlook 2007
    I used this version of the connector.
    ZimbraOlkConnector-4.5.3_GA_731_4.5.168.msi

It seemed everything was working well. The only problem is it is only syncing down not up. If a new contact or calendar item is added in Outlook it does not show up in the Zimbra client. If I created it in the Zimbra client it does show in Outlook.

Any information would be great.
    Thank you very much,
    -Dave

I forgot to mention. The OS is Vista Business.

-Dave

OK. So this is odd. It is syncing both ways.

Except for when contacts/mail/calender items are copied from a second pst file opened as a personal file folder to the zimbra contacts/mail/calendar. This seems odd to me.
    I will keep looking into it.

Thanks again,
    -Dave

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'm sure you know this but 'just in case', support for the Outlook Connector is still in beta for Office 2007 & Vista so if you do find a bug it should go in bugzilla. Having said that, I'd upgrade to 4.5.5 when it becomes available shortly and see if the problems still occur.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for the reply. If I can get this to a reproducible state I will open a bug for it.

Thanks again,
    -Dave

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

Bugs like these have been fixed in our development branch and we are working to release a beta of the connector that can work with outlook 2007. Please do not file any bugs experienced with 4.5 using outlook 2007 and wait for a beta 5.0 connector that can work with your 4.5 server. Thanks!
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

adam@compufix is offline Starter Member

Default Similar issue..

Hi,

I've got a client with a similar issue using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate/XP Pro.

The connector is version 4.5.3, I've tried upgrading to 4.5.6 and 4.5.7 but it doesn't want to work, the file installs fine, but Outlook errors, something about IMAP not being able to open some folders and a .DLL file, but thats a seperate issue.

Email seems to be working fine, the problem is the users cannot get the calendar to work properly.

If User A requets a meeting and invites User B, the email "part" of the invite gets to it's destination, but whatever information that should go into the Calendar doesn't, the Accept etc buttons are greyed out and it also says “As the meeting organiser, you do not need to respond to the meeting” on the RECIPIENTS email. The users can send entries to people not on zimbra, but they can't receive them from those people. The entries don't seem to get put into the "webmail", so at a guess, that means they don't get synchronised down into outlook. If you set the meeting up in the webmail, all it well.

Could do with a fix for this asap as this client is expecting Blackberry support any day now with the specific need for Calendar entries.

jeepville is offline Active Member

I tired this with the latest outlook connector and for one the file lsmssp32.dll was not in system32. Two if i copied and pasted it there and tried to run it then it wouldn't register. I tried installing many times and every time it said installation successful but outlook said that file wasn't registered.

so i guess back to waiting for an official release. <please release soon my olk2k7 users are driving me nuts>

This was on winxp sp2 olk2k7

henry is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by adam@compufix View Post
    Hi,
    Email seems to be working fine, the problem is the users cannot get the calendar to work properly.

If User A requets a meeting and invites User B, the email "part" of the invite gets to it's destination, but whatever information that should go into the Calendar doesn't, the Accept etc buttons are greyed out and it also says “As the meeting organiser, you do not need to respond to the meeting” on the RECIPIENTS email. The users can send entries to people not on zimbra, but they can't receive them from those people. The entries don't seem to get put into the "webmail", so at a guess, that means they don't get synchronised down into outlook. If you set the meeting up in the webmail, all it well.
    There were a lot bugs and issues just Outlook 2007 related that is fixed in 5.0 ZCO.
    4.5.x won't support Outlook 2007.
    Regards
    Henry

henry is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by jeepville View Post
    so i guess back to waiting for an official release. <please release soon my olk2k7 users are driving me nuts>
    There is only first private beta of ZCO 5.0 available. If you wish you can try to apply for it at the support.
    Regards
    Henry

Thread Information