Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes within a shared calendar not visible

dlochart is offline Advanced Member

Exclamation Changes within a shared calendar not visible

We are using Zimbra 4.5.4 and Outlook 2003. We are doing a very simple test and not getting good results.

1) User B shares calendar to user A.
    2) user A creates an appointment for user B (this works great)
    3) user B goes in and modifies the text of the appt. User B can see the change.
    4) user A after resyncing never sees the change user B made.
    5) user A changes the time of the appt. user B sees the change but the text they added to the appt is gone

The only way to get user A to see the changes that user B makes is for user A to close the shared mailbox and reopen it. It seems like the changes made elsewhere (from another outlook or within the mail server) are not being properly synced back down to other outlooks that have a 'shared' interest in an item. And yes we are resyncing. We have waited 30 minutes in case the updates were delayed and we have stopped and restarted outlook.

I am not seeing any exceptions about this on the zimbra server log.

Is anyone seeing this behavior other than us?

All of our users are on Outlook 2003 using the zimbra connector. We have noticed numerous other issues with the zdb file (when a user deletes all their mail it does delete on the server but the size of the zdb file never shrinks)

Anyway any and all help is appreciated.

thanks

Doug

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

Are there any server failures or local failures created in the primary store (look in sync issues\server failures and sync issues\local failures)?

Regarding the ZDB file size, a ZDB is leveraging the PST technology by MS which doesn't reclaim space until it really needs to.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Are there any server failures or local failures created in the primary store (look in sync issues\server failures and sync issues\local failures)?

Regarding the ZDB file size, a ZDB is leveraging the PST technology by MS which doesn't reclaim space until it really needs to.
    Sam,

How would I determine what you are asking of me? Do I look into the logs for errors? You mention to look in sync issues\local failures etc ... that looks like a directory but I cannot find anything like that. I will have issues/questions for you concerning the connector but for now the show stopper is the calendar sharing.

thanks

Doug

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    ??? Log in as the admin or as the user experiencing problems? I cannot seem to find this folder under the admin anywhere.

----

Nevermind, I found the folder under the user. I don't see much in there. However I have no idea what he has done testing wise since we reported this problem.

This issue has been recreated consistently. The temporary work around we have found is to have the user that needs access to all the shared calendars operate on them through the web interface and the owners of the calendars operate on them as they normally would with Outlook. So far this is working but sharing calendars between 2 users using the outlook connector (2003) is fraught with inconsistencies.

I really would like to help you all fix this so please tell me what you need from us (copies of sync issues/logs etc). We can perform the test again and send you the necessary stuff.

I have yet to hear anyone say that the above scenario I outlined in my original post should work no problem. It is a very simple and common scenario.

thanks
    Last edited by dlochart; 05-02-2007 at 07:52 AM.

sam

These are folders in the users mailbox. The best thing to do is login to the outlook client where the errors were experienced and inspect the folders.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

These are folders in the users mailbox. The best thing to do is login to the outlook client where the errors were experienced and inspect the folders.
    That is something I cannot do at the moment but when the main admin comes in I will get with him and see what we can do.

I would really like to know if the scenario I described originally is supposed to work as expected.

When we rerun the tests I will post the contents of the sync issues folder.

thanks

sam

Yes, that use case is inteded to function and is a standard test in our test suite.
    Sam Khavari

Yes, that use case is inteded to function and is a standard test in our test suite.
    Thanks Sam,

When we do our test is all that you require are the contents of the sync issues folder?

Doug

sam

You'll want to enable ZCO Logging as well and submit the log to us.
    Sam Khavari

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information