Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes within a shared calendar not visible

shankwc is offline Senior Member

Default I've seen this issue as well

We are testing 4.5 with outlook 2003. User added an event to the shared calendar. Later, the event text was updated later by someone else. updates have not propogated and now the original entry in the shared calendar (in zimbra interface) has disappeared.

dlochart is offline Advanced Member

I think we are waiting to upgrade to 4.5.5 to try it again. Our work around has been to have the employee that needs to modify the shared calendars do so ONLY from the web interface. I am not sure when we will get to test it again. It has always been an issue for us

that's not an acceptable workaround for us. all users want to use outlook primarily. zimbra web is a fallback.

Quote Originally Posted by shankwc View Post
    that's not an acceptable workaround for us. all users want to use outlook primarily. zimbra web is a fallback.
    I am actually shocked that they accepted it as a workaround myself. I have had a developer tell me that this sharing is part of their normal test suite and I have not seen many people mention it so I am wondering if it is a Microsoftism (or at least a connector issue in relation to a M$ configuration)

BTW we are using Office 2007 with Outlook downgraded to 2003.

well, it's definately not working. could there be something misconfigured in the setup?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    You'll want to enable ZCO Logging as well and submit the log to us.
    Have either of you done as sam asked and sent the logs in and raised a support case?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Have either of you done as sam asked and sent the logs in and raised a support case?
    A support case was raised by my co-worker and no one ever responded. It was never assigned. I will try and get test going to grab the logs but we are a SMALL team with MANY clients and now that there is a workaround it is off of our radar at the moment. Once we get the Palm Treo's configured and working with Zimbra with a workaround for the missing GAL search feature (this feature has been requested and is assigned) then we might have time to redo the test.

As of now we are having a rough time with the latest M$ security updates on the hybrid system (Office 2007 and Outlook 2003).

Guest6400 is offline Senior Member

Reading your original post again I noticed that you didn't say you were synching after EVERY change.

I've been playing around with Shared Calendars and have run into the same situation you're having, but only when I didn't do a synch after making the appointment. Say userB changes an appointment, but doesn't resynch, the changes will be in userB's ZDB file, but not on the Zimbra server.

When userB goes back into Outlook and it synchs, userA will be able to synch with the server and get the changes.

Hopefully my explanation isn't too convoluted

Quote Originally Posted by canmike View Post
    Reading your original post again I noticed that you didn't say you were synching after EVERY change.

I've been playing around with Shared Calendars and have run into the same situation you're having, but only when I didn't do a synch after making the appointment. Say userB changes an appointment, but doesn't resynch, the changes will be in userB's ZDB file, but not on the Zimbra server.

When userB goes back into Outlook and it synchs, userA will be able to synch with the server and get the changes.

Hopefully my explanation isn't too convoluted
    Clear as mud Naww I got ya. We resynched after every thing we did. Sometimes sync'd twice just for good measure.

Guest6400 is offline Senior Member

Drat, that sucks, I was hoping that would be the problem. Phantom hunting time!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information