Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Desktop Manager Dies when trying to Sync.

azilber is offline Senior Member

Default BB Desktop Manager Dies when trying to Sync.

HI All,

I've opened a support case regarding this issue. When using the latest ZCO when you choose the Zimbra profile for syncing (in BB manager 4.2) it just dies. No messages, no dumprep, nada. Instant death.

I've read on here that people are successfully syncing their blackberries with the desktop manager. Is this just an isolated issue?

-Alex

Klug is offline Moderator

We're some of the "big issues" people (actually one of our HSP customers).

We have not tried with 4.5.2 yet, hopefully begining of next week.

Default Seperate downloads..

Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post

Is it possible for the Zimbra developers to make the Zimbra support downloadables seperate from the whole server release? I don't want to download the whole server package to get at the downloads.

Default I finally know why.. (and a hack)

Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post

I figured out WHY BB Desktop manager chokes: It cannot parse the zdb file. Unlike outlook connectors, this thing goes directly to the file.

The hack, and this is quite bad. Export your calendar and contacts to a pst.

Create an empty profile with that pst as it's main mail drop.

Sync to that profile.

Everytime you want to sync, just export your calendar, contacts, etc to that file.

It sucks. And sucks bad.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by azilber
    I figured out WHY BB Desktop manager chokes: It cannot parse the zdb file. Unlike outlook connectors, this thing goes directly to the file.
    Azilber, there's something else going on here. Can you generate a core dump and give it to zimbra support? They can walk you through this process. With a core dump we can identify the exact source of the problem.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Default Will do..

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Azilber, there's something else going on here. Can you generate a core dump and give it to zimbra support? They can walk you through this process. With a core dump we can identify the exact source of the problem.
    I can only do that on tuesday though. I've opened up support ticket 00009035, the log file and nfo file are in there.

This problem is easy to replicate, I'm surprised the engineers haven't picked it up yet. I tried it on 3 machines running XP SP2. One a brand new Sony Vaio, a Dell 600m, and a Dell 1501, all using the BB Pearl 8100.

Thanks!
    Alex

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Hi. I'm the Zimbra developer who has been looking into this issue, and I have been unable to reproduce any of the crashes or hangs that other people have been experiencing with cradle sync of calendar, contacts, and tasks. There are issues with the redirector, but I believe I need to resolve those with RIM. As for calendar and contacts, I have tried ZCO versions 4.0.1,
    4.0.5, and 4.5.1, and a development version of 4.5.2 The rest of my configuration is:

BlackBerry Pearl
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager Version 4.2.0.10 (Device manager version 4.2.0.7)
    BlackBerry Desktop Redirector 3.6.0.48

I have tried a number of mailboxes, including a very large one. On the
    largest one, I was able to sync 710 calendar entries and 5348 address book
    entries with no problem. Tasks also worked fine.

I didn't really use any special settings in configuration. In Email settings->Advanced -> Profile Settings, I had it set for "Always use this profile". I also checked the Override Address box, and put in another address, but that's only relevant for generating the encryption key for the redirector, which doesn't really work anyway.

On the Synchronize, Configuration Tab, Configure Sync button, I make sure that for each app (Calendar, Address Book, Tasks), I have the correct profile selected (Choose, Outlook, Options), but in your case, it's not even getting this far.

I agree with Sam; I believe there is something else going on with this profile. Do you have some other small test account/profile you could try?

I realize that a number of people are having these problems, and I have been trying to reproduce them, but it always works for me.

Please keep me posted with any additional info.

Thanks -- Frank

sy662 is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    Hi. I'm the Zimbra developer who has been looking into this issue, and I have been unable to reproduce any of the crashes or hangs that other people have been experiencing with cradle sync of calendar, contacts, and tasks. There are issues with the redirector, but I believe I need to resolve those with RIM. As for calendar and contacts, I have tried ZCO versions 4.0.1,
    4.0.5, and 4.5.1, and a development version of 4.5.2 The rest of my configuration is:

BlackBerry Pearl
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager Version 4.2.0.10 (Device manager version 4.2.0.7)
    BlackBerry Desktop Redirector 3.6.0.48

I have tried a number of mailboxes, including a very large one. On the
    largest one, I was able to sync 710 calendar entries and 5348 address book
    entries with no problem. Tasks also worked fine.

I didn't really use any special settings in configuration. In Email settings->Advanced -> Profile Settings, I had it set for "Always use this profile". I also checked the Override Address box, and put in another address, but that's only relevant for generating the encryption key for the redirector, which doesn't really work anyway.

On the Synchronize, Configuration Tab, Configure Sync button, I make sure that for each app (Calendar, Address Book, Tasks), I have the correct profile selected (Choose, Outlook, Options), but in your case, it's not even getting this far.

I agree with Sam; I believe there is something else going on with this profile. Do you have some other small test account/profile you could try?

I realize that a number of people are having these problems, and I have been trying to reproduce them, but it always works for me.

Please keep me posted with any additional info.

Thanks -- Frank
    Hey Frank,

I have a BB 8700 using BDM 4.2 SP1 and Outlook 2003 SP2 and every time no matter what version of BDM software I use the minute I choose Outlook to Sync the BDM software bombs.

It's a real pain as at the moment I've got two separate calanders which as you can imagine is causing issues.

If you need any more info from me then please let me know.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

What is your exact version of Outlook? I was using

Outlook 2003 (11.8002.6568) SP2, and everything worked fine.

I have since upgraded to 11.8118.8122 SP2

I haven't tried with this yet; I will try soon and let you know if things still work for me.

Also, what version of ZCO are you using?

Thanks

sy662 is offline Starter Member

Default BB Crash

Hi,

My version of Outlook is 11.8118.8107 and my version of the ZC is 4.0.290.0

Hope this helps

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information