Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZCO fails after upgrade to 4.5

Klug is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by azilber View Post
    2003 (11.8118.8107) SP2
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by azilber View Post
    We're not doing an upgrade though, but a fresh install. Perhaps that's an issue as well.
    Mine is an upgrade, true.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

mas, paul123, azilber, awbecker,

We haven't seen this issue internally. We did upgrade testing and tested on fresh installs (outlook 2k3 on xp sp2). PM me your support case number so I can take a look at the details.

Is there anything specific to your enviornment that may be out of the norm?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

sam

azilber, I got your PM, thanks.

Can you please export your system information and post it here (or email it to support). Run msinfo32 and do file->export. We'll try to setup a similiar machine and repro the issue.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

azilber is offline Senior Member

Default Doing that now...

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    azilber, I got your PM, thanks.

Can you please export your system information and post it here (or email it to support). Run msinfo32 and do file->export. We'll try to setup a similiar machine and repro the issue.
    Though the system I'm testing on now is running under VMWare.

I've attached it to the case.

awbecker is offline Junior Member

mas, paul123, azilber, awbecker,

We haven't seen this issue internally. We did upgrade testing and tested on fresh installs (outlook 2k3 on xp sp2). PM me your support case number so I can take a look at the details.

Is there anything specific to your enviornment that may be out of the norm?
    The connector works on some machines and not on others. The only pattern I can see at the moment is this: we use roaming profiles with mapped Desktop, Application Data and My Documents folders, and it seems to work for users whose mapped folders reside on our Debian/Samba shares but not for users whose mapped folders come from Windows Server 2003 shares. All are running XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003 with all relevant updates applied. I also initially tried to deploy the ZCO 4.5.1 with GPO, which probably didn't help matters.

I would suggest testing on machines that have had old versions of the connector installed and removed a couple of times; this would simulate the actual environment of some of your users, who may have old files or registry settings lying around. Might give you an idea of cleanup routines that need to go into the ZCO installers to remove any cruft leftover from older versions.

Am currently pursuing the strategy of installing the 4.5.0 connector and hoping for the best.

I'm with Alex, though; this was a little disappointing. If I wanted to be up half the night fixing problems from what should have been a simple upgrade, I would have just bought Exchange Just kidding. I still recommend Zimbra to all comers, and just installed the open source edition at the local high school. Keep up the good work.

-Tony

sam

Tony,

Thanks for the input. We haven't done any testing in environments using roaming profiles; this very well might be the issue. Looking at the code, I'm not sure why this would cause the problem you are seeing.

Our quality team is building a similiar environment to try and reproduce the problem. We haven't be able to repro the bug in any of our standard environments (which don't include any roaming profiles).

After you create a profile, the zdb should be created. The zdb name matches the name of the profile with the zdb extension. Create a new profile and make sure the zdb is being created. If it isn't being created we can enable logging and see if we can find the source of the error.
    Sam Khavari

paul123 is offline Active Member

We also use roaming profiles.

In my situation I was installing a new PC for a user who had Zimbra installed with 4.5.0 and I installed 4.5.1 on the new PC and got the error.

I cannot remember exactly what I did but it had something to do with the profile name. But it is working OK now and I have not had any problems anywhere else. I do exclude the zdb location from the roaming profile however.

Paul

henry is offline Zimbra Employee

Paul
    Do you have any other Outlook connector installed?
    Something like Microsoft Office(MSN) Connector?

Regards
    Henry

paul123 is offline Active Member

No it was a fresh install of windows, as we use roaming profiles it did have the outlook profiles already setup though.

awbecker is offline Junior Member

After you create a profile, the zdb should be created. The zdb name matches the name of the profile with the zdb extension. Create a new profile and make sure the zdb is being created. If it isn't being created we can enable logging and see if we can find the source of the error.
    I opened support case 00008962 to submit an msinfo32 and ZCO log from one of my machines with the ZCO 4.5.1 that doesn't work. I can say right now that the install of the ZCO.msi doesn't complete properly the first time around.

FYI, installing the connector from 4.5.0 is a successful workaround for this issue, so maybe it's something that changed between that version and 4.5.1.

For anyone else having this issue, here's how to extract that connector (on RHEL4, anyway): log into support, download the 4.5.0 tarball. Rename existing zcs directory to zcs-VERSION, just to avoid confusion. Untar 4.5.0 tarball and rename it to zcs-4.5.0. Go into that directory and use "rpm2cpio myrpmfile.rpm | cpio -idmv" to extract files from the rpm. I think the connector is in zimbra-store but wouldn't swear to it. The ZCO MSI file is in there somewhere; look for it with:

find . -name '*.msi'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information