Thread: Outlook Connector send behaviour in 4.5

inigoml is offline Project Contributor

Default Outlook Connector send behaviour in 4.5

Hi everybody.

It seems that Outlook Connector in version 4.5 has change the way it sends emails. Before 4.5 version, when sending mails these were stored at Outbox folder and you could continue working without any problem. Mails where sent in background
    However, with new version, when sending an email your compose window get locked until email is sent.
    Usually this does not have any problem, but when sending an email with a big attach from a remote location with a low bandwidth connection, it is harmless.
    Is this my perception or this behavior has been change for 4.5 Outlook Connector?

Thanks in advance.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

It has changed, and we're going to fix it. To track status, monitor this bug:
    http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14169
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

jonnyRo is offline Project Contributor

That bug currently shows as Verified.

I have a user who is experiencing problems in which a large e-mail in his outbox is preventing delivery of other e-mails. I'm still querying him on what version of the Outlook connector he is using, as well as his patch level.

kdunphy is offline Active Member

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have one user who has been consistently having issues since 4.5.4. He's now using ZCO 4.5.6 but the sending problem is still there.

He's also getting a sharing violation error "Unable to display the folder. Another application closed unexpectedly while using your Personal Folders file 'C:\Documents and Settings\dalston\Local Settings\Application Data\ Microsoft\Outlook\Zimbra.zdb'. To prevent potential damage to your Personal Folders file, it will not be available until you close all applications currently using it."

In addition to the above problems:
    • Outlook hangs and must be rebooted a few times or a computer restart is necessary.
    • Outlook will randomly take window focus over other programs, this only happens once in a while.
    • The following happened once when trying to create a new appointment: "Your changes could not be saved because you don't have permission to modify some or all of the items in the folder. Do you want to save a copy of the item in the default folder for the item?"

I've suggested rebuilding his zimbra profile, but it's about 2GB and he's not keen. I'm also wondering if Norton AV is interfering, anyone having an issue with Norton and the ZCO?

Thanks,

Keith

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You shouldn't really have anything on the machine that's likely to interfere with Outlook, does it have a plug-in or scan incoming email? Can you try disabling Norton and see if the problem goes away?

If you're still having a problem I'd suggest opening a support case (if you haven't already), the bug 14169 was fixed in the 4.5.2 release.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

inigoml is offline Project Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kdunphy View Post
    Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have one user who has been consistently having issues since 4.5.4. He's now using ZCO 4.5.6 but the sending problem is still there.
    Hi Keith.
    This problem was fixed time time ago. I've working without any problem for months.

Thread Information