Thread: Inbox Duplicates...

REMcycle is offline Active Member

Default Inbox Duplicates...

Hi all,

This is for everyone on 8.0.3 with Outlook users...have any of you noticed your Outlook 2010 clients receiving duplicate mails since your upgrade? I have about 10 outlook users here in the office and three of them so far have started to receive at least 5 dupes of every mail during business hours. During off-hours, they get fewer...it's pretty strange and completely unpredictable; any bugzilla entry I would put in would probably get killed right away because it can't be reliably reproed.

The one thing these users all have in common is that they had their profiles built AFTER the server upgrade. My users with old versions of the connector that were using it before the server upgrade to 8.0.3 are all still running fine to my knowledge.

Anyway, anyone see any similar behavior?

Thanks!

Bump...

Oh, and I have verified that every copy of a given message in the Outlook inbox has the same ID. This happens using ZCO 8.0.3, both x86 and 64 and on both Outlook 2010 and 2013, x86 and 64. I've been install/uninstalling office and ZCO for the last two weeks on a sandbox machine and no matter what I try, the problem reoccurs.

Any idea what sort of logs or anything I can try to check?

mrjohnsen is offline Senior Member

Hi!
    I don't have a solution for you, but we are also facing a inbox duplicate problem for one of our users and our situation seem very similar except that we don't use ZCS 8.0.3, we are still on 7.2.3. The duplicated messages have the same message id, appears randomly, mixed with outlook 2010 / outlook 2013 users against the same account.

Have you checked mailbox.log and searched for the message id? Does it only appear once even if the message is duplicated in the users mailbox? That's our case.

boma23 is offline Starter Member

one of my clients are all on Win8, Outlook 2010 and latest ZCO 8.0.3, and using Zimbra 8 which was recently updated from 7, and hosted by an external provider.

Most are having no issues, but one is reporting duplicate items, (I have tried recreating local profile)

mrjohnsen is offline Senior Member

Interesting. ZCO 8.0.3 / 7.2.3 seems to be the source of this problem. Have you guys tried ZCO 8.0.4?

fabiocanella is offline Junior Member

I have the same problem with ZCO 8.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnsen View Post
    Interesting. ZCO 8.0.3 / 7.2.3 seems to be the source of this problem. Have you guys tried ZCO 8.0.4?
    Will be trying 8.0.4.

The thing is...any clients that are using older connectors and haven't had to have any re-installation of ZCO since BEFORE the 8.0.3 upgrade are all still running fine. This issue is showing up for anyone who has had their ZCO installed (or reinstalled) since the upgrade. Maybe the 8.0.4 jump will fix it...

Thanks for the replies...I'll post back...

tbovingdon is offline Special Member

We also are having issues with 8.03. Seems that its outlook, inbox is duplicated, but web interface is not. sent items from outlook create 10s of duplicates in sent that show the same in the web interace but recipient only gets one copy

Quote Originally Posted by tbovingdon View Post
    We also are having issues with 8.03. Seems that its outlook, inbox is duplicated, but web interface is not. sent items from outlook create 10s of duplicates in sent that show the same in the web interace but recipient only gets one copy
    Yep, everything in the web client is tip-top, it's Outlook that shows the dupes. The logs as well only show one message per ID.

...and I do apologize for dropping the ball when it comes to updating this post, but the 8.0.4 update to both the server and the ZCO installations seems to have fixed the problem. Users on both Outlook 2010 and 2013 are no longer receiving dupes during sync.

Gotta wipe the sweat off my brow now because I was sure my users were gonna storm my office with torches and pitchforks soon!

Thread Information